Hal Evans Introduction

Hal Evans

Reaction score
I'm new to this web site. Looks great. I go back in time to the days of old time radio, which is a special topic of mine. But I'm not at all limited to that. I love movie music and TV spot music as well as radio spot music. When I'm not writing fora living, I'm making independent movies, where I write/direct/produce feature "indy" movies, mainly for cable. Musicwise, I've co-written music for a movie about a famous classical music composer, which includes the theme symphonic music, funny ersate commercials and production cues. I have been searching for certain production music sources for a very long time. Thus the search continues. I'm also working on a musical. (Hal Evans)

damn...I feel insignificant right now... <_<

:D Hurlo and welcome!

Hi Folks! - Gee, it's nice to be greeted. This is the only web site where anyone has said hi & welcome. So hugs to you all! In reply, I don't know how to access a portfolio. There are a zillion option thingys, like I smiles. :D But I don't see a place to but down a portfolio. So now, I'll say I've (or the corporate "we've" made four movies and are working on a 5th now, with work backed up. Seems like we're always being chased or are chasing work. I'll just briefly describe the four made for cable copyrighted movies. 1) Alter Ego: dark comedy--a TV station's video editor has her personna appear as a glamorous TV reporter. 2) Beethoven's Tenth: action/drama--Ludwig B's 10th symphony is discovered. Crooks want it.
Co-wrote music. That is, I came up with the songs and my arranger made it happen. Lots of fun coming up with an ersatz fragment of a 10th Symphony, advertising jingles for "Chicken To Go" and "Cola Bean Coffee." After we got down with the Cola Bean Coffee song, we figured that might be a pretty good real coffee at that. However you wouldn't want to eat the chicken parts. :eek: 3) Terror at Outlaw Creek: action/comedy--Unsuspecting couple encounter wilderness terrors instead of a quiet vacaction. 4) There's Danger in Romance: romantic comedy/action--Delightful (says moi!) warm, wonderful, romantic comedy in which a blue collar worker hides his identity to write a blockbuster romance novel. Exteriors romantically shot in New York City. 5) Currently in-editing/still shooting inserts: an ethnic comedy/action opus taking place in a haunted woods. (paragraph here) How do I find out what anyone else is doing? Bear in mind that my computer is old and slow. Windows 95, Packard Bell. But otherwise, it's bulletproof. Like driving an old car whose engine is good although the body has rust & a door won't open. :D (Hal Evans) PS: all this stuff take a huge amount of time! The musical most likely will start out as a smple presentation (thank goodness!) as an unstaged, libretto on music stands sung to a pre-recorded music track or just a piano. At least it will get presented that way, rather than wait in the wings forever. Better to do something that just wish about it.

Dave... Shutting down my primary defenses is not advised :mellow: (I EAT YOUR SOUL)

Hi hal, forgive the interruption, I'm Anthony :)

Back