Good mp3 playlist media program

easilywow

Reaction score
I need a good mp3 player program..I have realplayer now, and I hate it. I need something with a nice playlist option...

Originally posted by hummer1745@Aug 19 2005, 07:26 PM
Itunes baby all the way, nothin better
eh, I guess Itunes works..but I was kind'a looking for something else
thanks, though :)

...well i use windows media player....sure it has some bad things about it but if you know how to overcome those.....well, i kinda like it

I have a Real player, and I'm tired of it too.

I've been looking around, and have read lots of good things about Winamp. Depending on what you all want to use it for, it seems to have the most advantages among musicphiles.

Originally posted by ad-rock@Aug 20 2005, 06:40 AM
I have a Real player, and I'm tired of it too.

I've been looking around, and have read lots of good things about Winamp. Depending on what you all want to use it for, it seems to have the most advantages among musicphiles.
Yes, yes..I had been using real player and getting sick of it as well..
..just recently downloading winamp, and I'm using that now
I like it so far. Still isn't exactly the kind of thing I was looking for..but..eh :/

I just can't let go of winamp. I like the older versions way better than the newer complicated ones and I make tons of playlists. I stand to use anything else. :lol:

~ Mia ~

I used to used Windows Media Player, but the iTunes I was using at school was just much easier and more versatile. So I switched.

Originally posted by TheOnlyMia@Sep 19 2005, 10:40 PM
I just can't let go of winamp. I like the older versions way better than the newer complicated ones and I make tons of playlists. I stand to use anything else. :lol:

~ Mia ~

Just an FYI: If you're using a newer or more complicated version of Winamp, but you'd like to go back to one that's older, more user friendly, or whatever...you can find them by clicking here.

They have lots of old versions of other programs to look through as well. :D

Easilywow, what exactly do you want your player to do?

The playlist function is about the same for every player. It just forms a selection of what you want to play.

I was a huge WMP user untill I got a iPod Shuffle... I had no choice but to switch to iTunes and quite frankly, I'm glad I did. Although WMP is the best I've found at handling large database of songs (I have more than 7000 songs on my comp), iTunes is faster at burning, simpler and faster at searching, has the new Podcast radio format available (thumbs up to that! :eek:k: ) and when you burn a CD there is no gap between songs (very important if you are burning mix CDs where one song is mixed with the next...). The look is better too. Now, with iTunes 5, you can right click on a song and it will list all the playlists to which that song is attatched. Pretty neat.

Before getting the iPod, I tried several programs: RealPlayer, Musicmatch Jukebox, iTunes, Windows Media Player, and even foobar2000. All of them take some getting used to and some adjusting to how they work. It all comes down to taste really. That and what you want out of your player.

Recently, PCWorld made a list of their 100 Best Products of 2005. iTunes came in 34th and WMP came in 47th, Winamp and Realplayer were not part of the top 100.

The only drawback to iTunes is that you can't search for albums and tag songs that you have not imported yourself like you can in WMP. But thats ok as long as you don't download music through P2P a lot, witch you're not supposed to do anyway... ;) In that case, iTunes will not rename the song and organize it into the artist's folder as it does with songs you rip from CDs.

Other than that... iTunes all the way!

Just an FYI: If you're using a newer or more complicated version of Winamp, but you'd like to go back to one that's older, more user friendly, or whatever...you can find them by clicking here.

They have lots of old versions of other programs to look through as well.

Thanks for that, I'll keep it in mind. ^_^

~ Mia ~

Back