French & Saunders '94

Jesio_Chez

Reaction score
I dont know how many people are familiar with this show, but during the Piano skit in an old christmas special, there is a song that is played on the piano by a man in a white tuxedo and a red bowtie. Due to the applause I assume he is someone famous and already feel guilty that I dont know who it is but the song is kinda cool, anybody know what im talking about?

Well, I looked him up. His name is Russ Conway. Here's his imdb.com page of films and TV appearances:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1121412/

On the Trivia section, it says:

Television pianist who had number 1 UK hits with "Side Saddle" and "Roulette" both in 1959, followed by some lesser hits in the early 60s, but continued his success right into the '70s, especially on television.

I have no idea what the song is that he plays during the "The Piano" parody, but it could be one of the songs mentioned in the Trivia section or one from his television shows or movies. I'm not British and I don't know about older British shows, so it would be great if you could find a forum with lots of English people. You could also check the F&S Board on imdb.com. They would probably know.

Back