Evolution of Music in Video Game Advertising

The Inquisition

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new here.

I have a question. I'm planning to do an essay on the Evolution of Music in Video Game Advertising and was hoping that some of the members may be able to help me out. I was just wondering where the appropriate place to post the topic was. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Welcome to Adtunes. :) (I've moved your thread to the appropriate forum.)

What would you like to ask/discuss with regards to your Video Game Commercial Music essay?

I had done a smaller essay in another class tracking how improved graphics of the actual games has removed the need for all the usual tropes found in advertising (voice over, human actors, description of what features your getting etc.) and has left just the music as the last remaining advertising trope (as can be seen in any video game ad since Gears of War came out).

I was wondering if anyone had any input they want to give. I've got some preliminaries now but then I found this site and thought I'd ask for a more educated opinion.

Thanks again to anyone that could help.

Do you have any examples of video game ads that are mentioned in your essay? (Other than the Gears of War commercial you mentioned.)

Back