Escape To Chimp Eden

garrett6836

Reaction score
I've been wondering what the music is from the second part of the Escape to Chimp Eden commercial is. The link to it is here
. I believe that this music was also featured on a BBC Planet Earth trailer.

I'm looking for the song used on the commercial for "Escape to Chimp Eden." It's a slower song, it has piano in it and a little bit of a beat. It starts with the thin lettering of HELL followed by the words transforming to HOPE. I was looking for the commercial on Discovery.com and on youtube but to no avail. The reason is probably because it was just released. Anyways, thanks for the help y'all. Have a good one.

Nightcrawler,
I really love that song, too, and did a web search for it as soon as I heard it...it's gorgeous, compelling, and I would love to find out if it's part of an entire work. I'll post here if I find anything.

Any luck on finding the song - I've heard it before and thought it was Bittersweet Symphony, but I'm not sure.

If you find out please let me know!

I have just confirmed that it is Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve!

if i think you're talking about the song on the newest commercials than the song is a small rendition of thomas newman's 'road to chicago'. you can hear it here around 1 minute in....
hope this is what you are talking about. any song by thomas newman is captivating. he did the music for american beauty, pay it forward, shawshank, etc.

Although it may have similar aspects to it as the Thomas Newman song (strings and piano), I don't think it's the same song or a rendition of it. I really hope it is from a soundtrack or something like that and not some random 5 second clip just created for the commercial.

Yes! I come to these boards to find music I hear on TV but just now made an account. I want to find the slow string track with the piano. I have been trying to find it and would pay to have it.

To all that are looking for the slower moving piano/strings track, I emailed viewer relations of Animal Planet about the track and I should have an answer within a week. Hopefully I can get this track!

Bump to my post - I received an automatic reply basically saying they may or may not reply to my email due to the amount of incoming emails.

Anyone have any leads for this track?

I received the same response, Motegi, and then a few days later they did reply to my message. It wasn't with good news, though:

Dear Viewer,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Discovery Networks. We appreciate
your interest in our programming and are delighted to hear from our
viewers.

Our databases contain a lot of information, such as airdates and
information on videos that are available for sale. Unfortunately, our
database does
not contain information regarding the music used in our programs or
commercials. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

However, the music is usually listed in the show's opening or closing
credits. Also, we recommend directing your search to the Internet,
reviewing the discussion threads or posting your questions on the
discussion board on the Fansites section of our website.

It sounds like it might have been made especially for the commercial, and might just be a clip. Is the commercial on youtube somewhere?

Just found it on youtube:

The people in the comments on this video are also trying to figure out where the song is from, but with no luck. Someone mentioned it's probably from a database of music clips available for commercials. Oh well.

Awesome work! I did receive that same email. Thanks for the link..

Here is my next lead:

In another thread somewhere on this site, I remember someone mentioning that the Discovery Channel uses music from APM.

I will try to search the site, even though it will be like finding a needle in a hay stack. There is A LOT of music on the site.

Thanks myxplizk, I appreciate your reply!

I'm still going to try to find this music

I can't believe my luck! I stumbled upon this song while doing an unrelated search! I too had been wanting to figure out what song it was they were using but all of my searching lead me here. It is called The Power Within by Paul Reeves. Enjoy! :D

Thank you, ndoublea05! If you all want to hear it go to West One Music. Music Search --> Advanced Search --> Composer --> Paul Reeves --> The Power Within.

Originally posted by doctormemory+Mar 24 2008, 04:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (doctormemory @ Mar 24 2008, 04:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Code Red@Mar 23 2008, 08:05 PM
Thank you, ndoublea05! If you all want to hear it go to West One Music. Music Search --> Advanced Search --> Composer --> Paul Reeves --> The Power Within.
Or try:

http://www.westonemusic.com/cddetail.asp?l...ary=WOM&cd=0124

;)[/b][/quote]
Sorry about that. For some reason I had it in my head that it was a flash-based site with no direct link.

This is an absolutely incredible song. I have been looking for it since first seeing the commercials! Thanks so much! :)

Back