Encore Drama

Natasha22

Reaction score
Hi! Saw a promo for Encore on the Encore Drama station this morning (Saturday, January 26). Very sixties sounding. The title may be something like "Out of the Darkness" or "Into the Darkness." I believe the song started with those words. The chorus had "I don't understand" in it.

Anyone know this song?

Thank you!

1960s song, however, it doesn't have the lyrics you included. Friend and Lover - "Reach Out In The Darkness"

I think it's so groovy now
That people are finally getting together
I thinks it's so wonderful and how
That people are finally getting together
Reach out in the darkness
And you may find a friend

I knew a man that I did not care for
And then one day this man gave me a call
We sat and talked about things on our mind
And now this man he is a friend of mine
Don't be afraid of love
Don't be afraid, don't be afraid to love
Everybody needs a little love
Everybody needs somebody
That they can be thinking of

Sorry, but no. That wasn't the song. I know the song you're talking about, and it definitely wasn't that. Also, I meant to say I heard it today, January 19 (not 26). I may try watching Encore to hear it again, then doing a lyrics search. Thanks, anyway!` :)

Okay, I know what it is! I purposely watched Encore Drama just now between movies, as I knew they'd probably show it again today. They flashed the name of the song and the group at the beginning of the promo.

It's "I Don't Understand," by the Chesterfield Kings. It's from an album called The Mindbending Sounds of the Chesterfield Kings. The album was released in 2003, but God, this band sounds SO sixties!!!

You can see their video here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu7YPJLA0EA

Thanks, again!

Glad you found it. Sounds kind of like a Stones/Kinks mix. :huh:

Back