Dove True Colours

wndrdg72

Reaction score
I am looking for the name fo the choir who sang a remake of Cyndi Lauper's 'True Colours' in a Super Bowl Ad. I checked I-Films and it is not there but I am absolutley positive it plated during the Superbowl. It actuall came on during Half Time. Any Ideas?

I am looking for the name of the choir who sang a remake of Cyndi Lauper's 'True Colours' in a Super Bowl Ad. I checked I-Films and it is not there but I am absolutley positive it played during the Superbowl. It actually came on during Half Time. Any Ideas?

Originally posted by wndrdg72@Feb 28 2006, 11:56 AM
I am looking for the name of the choir who sang a remake of Cyndi Lauper's 'True Colours' in a Super Bowl Ad. I checked I-Films and it is not there but I am absolutley positive it played during the Superbowl. It actually came on during Half Time. Any Ideas?
yeah, i remember that, you can watch the video here"Campaign for Real Beauty Superbowl Ad."
but i have no idea about the choir group :(

I'll add what I hope is a little more info to help you in your search ...

I believe the ad you're referring to was one for Dove ... it showed various young girls ... part of their Real Beauty campaign ...

Hope that helps somewhat! B)

If I remember correctly, according to the Dove web site, it's a Girl Scouts choir.

Ok, I know that the song is True Colours and that a multitude of different people sing that song, but I want to know who sings that particular version. If anyone could help me out that would be great! Thanks!

I actually wrote an email to Dove asking who sang that song. To me it doesn't sound like a girls choir, more like Sarah Maclachlan or something along those lines. I'll keep you posted if you're still interested.

Ok, I found one by a group called MYMP ( I think it stands for Make Your Mama Proud) and its acoustic like the commercial, but the voice doesn't sound right. Just wondered if I was right or not, lol.

Dove

For all of those interested in the Dove commercial with the song "True Colours", the vocals were sung by a woman named Layah Jane. I emailed the Dove Campaign for Real Beauty website and they wrote me an actual email back. The website for Layah Jane is www.layahjane.com if anybody is interested. So it is NOT a Girl Guides group singing on the commercial that I have seen at least. Thanks for all those that were looking for the answer!

Back