Dove Shampoo

graphicMOM

Reaction score
I've been trying to find out the name of the song that's played in the fairly recent Dove shampoo commercials... the one were you see a baby being pushed in a shopping cart that no one is pushing, and then a little girl being drug away from sitting too close to the TV.... and at the end they say something like "As a mom you sometimes feel invisible, but your hair doesn't have to be." The song sounds kind of italian maybe? It's a little hard to describe, but it's just instrumental. I've done a bunch of Google searches, but haven't found it. Help anyone?

I'd like to know this, too!

The song sounds Italian to me, also. It sounds like an accordion.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, the ad is for Suave and not Dove ...

Did some Googling for ya ...

According to the blogger at OneMoreWord.com, she identifies it as being Portuguese Folk music played on accordion ... but she's not able to provide the tune's name ...

So, if anyone else out there wants to pick up the trail and do some additional research based on that ...

Thanks!

B)

So ... I've done more research on my own ...

Think I found something ...

From this website ...
CAFE ACCORDION “ON” TELEVISION
If you’ve seen a commercial for Suave hair care products recently and thought the music was familiar, you’re probably a fan of Café Accordion Orchestra! A Portuguese fandango from their Dancing on the Moon album is featured in the ad.

From that, I found the band's own website ...
You can listen to mp3s of the songs from each of their CDs ...

If the above information is correct, then the song is ...

Cafe Accordion Orchestra - "Fandango de Ribatejo" - CD: Dancing On The Moon

Cafe Accordion Orchestra "Fandango" sound sample page

Please, somebody listen to it and compare it against the song in the Suave "Invisible Mom" ad and confirm this (or not) once and for all ...
Thanks!

... and, Right or wrong ...
Enjoy!
There you go.

Okayee ... so I just had a D'oh/Duh moment here ...

Apparently, had only I used the search ... this had already been answered (under the proper product name of Suave) ... the song I guessed is the song in question ...

Slipped up with the Search function ... my bad ... :(

B)

Back