Clorox "Pirates" and "Mermaids"

The commercial starts with a boy riding a white horse holding a giant net trying to catch flying fish, using a telescope to watch a flying pirate ship.

The music has a fairytale sound to it.. does anyone know what it is?

Unfortunately there aren't any lyrics otherwise I'd look it up on Google or some lyrics search site. Sometimes the company's website will host the names of music used on product commercials but I didn't see anything on Clorox's site either.

Anyone know the name of it?

http://www.ambermusic.com/

So i actually did find a link between this site and the clorox commercial, they are indeed the ones who are responsible for this music :D

Just click on the general reel once you go to this site and you will see the clorox ad with the music on it, unfortunately you cannot email this amber music company directly but I did send an email to whom I and PiratesLife_ForMe believe the composer is. I will keep you chaps posted! :)

Okay, since I can't edit my earlier post:

I am an idiot, since this has already been posted as a remixed loop of the commercial music. I still believe it was done by someone at Amber Music (possibly), because it contains segments of the tune available at their website which is covered up by talking on the Clorox media clips.

I'll add my name to the ruckus begging for more on the tune, since I'm dying to do an arrangement!

Thanks for your patience!

this is driving me nuts, i cant find what they're called and who they're by...like the song that plays when the little girl is pretending to be a mermaid in her bathtub or when the little boy is playing with a toy pirate ship in the sink...i love that song and i really really want to know what its called and who its by, so if you have any information whatsoever lemme know would ya?

Thanks for all the great information guys! yeah if anybody finds the song used for the boy and the pirate ship commercial I would love to have it. Its so beautiful! Let me know if anyone finds it not on iTunes...thanks!

Kate

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! YOU ARE THE GREATEST!!! Lots of kisses and hugs:) Sorry...I have been desperate for this song and now its here!!! again thanks a bunch for sharing it with us;)

Kate

Under the album, the song "Smooth Day" is from another commercial, but I can't...remember what it is.
Because it's very familiar.
Does anybody know?

The music, called "Pirates," and its sister track "Mermaids" were composed by H. Scott Salinas and Francois -Paul Aiche through Amber music.

Both songs are available in extended versions on a new charity album called THE BLUE SKY PROJECT: A CLOROX CHARITY COLLECTION. Sales of the album benefit Music In Schools Today (mustcreate.org), a charity that benefits music in public schools.

To purchase the album, or individual songs:

ITUNES:
http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/stat?i...artnerId%253D30

Music from several of the Clorox songs that have been requested here are available on the new charity album, THE BLUE SKY PROJECT. It's available on itunes, cdbaby, and other sites. I'll include links below.

The album benefits a charity called Music In Schools Today (mustcreate.org), a program that supports music programs for young kids in public schools.

The songs on the album, and their corresponding commercials are:

"Mermaid" & "Pirates"- from the commercials about the girl pretending she's a mermaid and the boy pretending he's a pirate. Composed by H. Scott Salinas and Francois-Paul Aiche

"Lion's Mane"- an Iron & Wine song that appeared in a commercial for Clorox Wipes.

"Smooth Day"- This song is from a commercial for Brita brand (owned by Clorox) water filters in which people literally float through their days. Composers: The Elements.

"Smile"- A song from a couple of Clorox wipes commercials where a dad dances with his daughter and a mother kisses her daughter's toes. Composed by Rich Wiley.

“And Time Stood Still” was composed by Kenseth Thibideau and was in a commercial in which two young boys play in the mud.

"Birthday Girl" is from a commercial where kids pretend their bathtubs are playground rides. By Andrew Rodriguez.

We put out the album for the charity, and because of the online support and requests. We hope you like it. Thank you. Here are the links:

ITUNES:
http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/stat?i...artnerId%253D30

For some reason, when I heard the Mermaids/Pirates song in those commercials, I thought it was the same song from the Kohler commercials... is it? :unsure:

Originally posted by bluestate@Mar 19 2008, 06:37 AM
For some reason, when I heard the Mermaids/Pirates song in those commercials, I thought it was the same song from the Kohler commercials... is it? :unsure:
I'm not familiar with the Kohler commercials. But the songs were written for these commercials specifically, so they may be similar, but not the same.

i'm really stoked clorox made full length versions of the pirates and mermaid tracks...it's fantastic stuff and i'm glad to have my hands on it.

BUT...i feel they could have stretched it out so much more than just 2-3 mins per track. this is classical type stuff, they could have easily made 7 min tracks outta each. wish they woulda...it still feels like the tracks end too quickly :lol:

Hello everyone, let me tell you my story. About 1 year ago if you went to myspace dot com and did a search on Amber Music company you could find and download the original version of the clorox music.

Like and idiot I didn't back up my music and I lost it. Then I heard that Clorox released the Blue Sky Project. The music sucks so bad. The Pirates and Mermaid released are NOT the same as the original version.

So anyway to make a long story short I found it once again. Here is the link to download the original version.

Hurry and get it before the power hungry fools at clorox shut down this site and force you to download the Blue Sky version which isn't as good.

Since I cannot post links type this the stuff in quotes into your browser.

If you cannot figure this out, I feel sorry for you.

"http colon slash slash"

followed by

[Admin: Please stop discussing methods to share/exchange/link/etc. files. This isn't a file sharing forum. Thanks.]

Originally posted by karozans@Aug 19 2008, 11:58 PM
Hello everyone, let me tell you my story. About 1 year ago if you went to myspace dot com and did a search on Amber Music company you could find and download the original version of the clorox music.

Like and idiot I didn't back up my music and I lost it. Then I heard that Clorox released the Blue Sky Project. The music sucks so bad. The Pirates and Mermaid released are NOT the same as the original version.

So anyway to make a long story short I found it once again. Here is the link to download the original version.

Hurry and get it before the power hungry fools at clorox shut down this site and force you to download the Blue Sky version which isn't as good.

Since I cannot post links type this the stuff in quotes into your browser.

If you cannot figure this out, I feel sorry for you.

"http colon slash slash"

followed by

[Admin: Please stop discussing methods to share/exchange/link/etc. files. This isn't a file sharing forum. Thanks.]
I am disappointed in the lack of attention the previous poster paid when listening to these extended songs. I have been looking for this music for a long time and know the original commercial versions inside and out. I can tell you that these extended versions contain within then the shorter original commercial versions so what in the world is he complaining about?

Furthermore... Clorox, ad agency, artists, etc. were cool enough to realize that people enjoyed the music and went on to produce extended versions and release them to us. Artists deserve to get paid for the content they create and I was happy to buy the album. STOP THE WHINING!!! :) Imagine how happy all of us forum frequenters would be if every company would do this.

I couldn't agree with you more, Jeremy! I love the music from the Blue Sky Project and have happily led many friends and family members to CDBaby to purchase the download.. It doesn't cost a lot and it's all for a good cause anyway.. Korazans has no reason to complain when you think about how many of these ad companies refuse to answer ANY requests for information about their music or the composers who write them.. It's too bad more of them don't do what Clorox did when they are inundated with emails about a great tune, after all, it doesn't necessary follow that just because the public likes the music in one of their commercials, that we are going to rush right out and buy the product.. Heck, I'd be more inclined to do that if they would bother to be polite and answer a request from me about the song in the commercial.. Most of the ad companies should take heed about Clorox's rapport with their customers because not only is it a great way for these companies to donate to their favorite charities, but it's also a super way for the composers/writers to get their name out in the public, instead of being forced to stay 'behind closed doors', so to speak.. More power to 'us' for noticing a great little piece of music and more power to those companies that take notice of our interest and grant us the ability to download them..

AMEN! I have recently heard the music to the new Audi A4 commercials and have tried tracking it down. I contacted Audi and told them about this project and they are considering doing something like it with their commercial music which is also in high demand.

Molly

Wonderful, Molly! Great work.. If all of us who really are caught up with a great little piece of ad music write to ad's website and tell them about Clorox's wonderful idea with the Blue Sky Project, maybe they all won't write us off as nothing more then kooks looking for a free download.. Keep up the good work! B)

Back