Classical piece in car commercial

farsidecow

Reaction score
I have been losing sleep (not literally) trying to figure out what the name of a particular song is that played in a car commercial a couple of years ago. I have no clue what make the car is. I also have no clue as to who composed the song, but I really like it. In the commercial (it was for an SUV of some sorts), it is paying particular attention to the fact that you can remotely open doors and put down some sort of step to help you get into the car. I believe it has a guy in a park when it starts thundering, and we see him rushing back to his SUV frantically pushing the remote access button on his keyring to get the door to open to try and beat the rain.

The music is very powerful, and driving. It relies heavily on the timpani, and it has a very driving choral backing.

Any help?

From your description of the visuals, the first thing that comes to mind is the music used for the Lincoln Navigator--"Get a Move On" from Mr. Scuff.

And from the aural description it sounds like it could be Carl Orff's "O Fortuna" but I don't remember that being used in an SUV commercial (which doesn't mean much).

Eureka! Exactly what I was looking for "O Fortuna", that is. I can sleep again! Thanks. :D

(For reference, I believe the original composer was Mozart).

The composer was Carl Orff. He was much later then Mozart.

Back