Canadian Tire

mistyrags

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm posting this question correctly, but I have a question for . They have a Christmas Ad featuring a song that starts, 'For the first time, for the first time' with a guy singing it. I know this song is very old, maybe from the 40's, 50's, but don't know the name of it or the original singer. Can Canadian Tire tell me what this song is and who sang it originally? It's a great old song. Those commercials are very catchy.

Have you tried contacting Canadian Tire directly and asking about the Christmas as?

You could also contact the ad agency that handles Canadian Tire, which I believe is Publicis Canada:

Not sure if I'm posting this question correctly, but I have a question for . They have a Christmas Ad featuring a song that starts, 'For the first time, for the first time' with a guy singing it. I know this song is very old, maybe from the 40's, 50's, but don't know the name of it or the original singer. Can Canadian Tire tell me what this song is and who sang it originally? It's a great old song. Those commercials are very catchy.
Hi, I just watched the commercial and had the same question as you! I found the song - it's called 'For the First Time' by The Platters :)

Hi, I just watched the commercial and had the same question as you! I found the song - it's called 'For the First Time' by The Platters :)
Thank you so much! It's been driving me crazy. I looked into it a bit further now that you gave me the name, and it is really an Italian song sung originally in 1957 by Tony Dallard then in 1957 by Mario Lanza (yes, I am old, so I know the oldies!). The Italian name of the song is Come Prima, meaning As Before. Pretty song, I think. Thanks again.

Thank you so much! It's been driving me crazy. I looked into it a bit further now that you gave me the name, and it is really an Italian song sung originally in 1957 by Tony Dallard then in 1957 by Mario Lanza (yes, I am old, so I know the oldies!). The Italian name of the song is Come Prima, meaning As Before. Pretty song, I think. Thanks again.
Happy to help! And thank you for this information too, that's really interesting! I love Italian songs, will look it up :giggle:

Back