Alexander McQueen FW 06

Okee I thought I knew who the first one was, I'm gonna guess it's from The Piano (it's a movie with Holly Hunter and Anna Paquin) music by Michael Nyman. Some of the instrumental parts definitely sounded like him. But I'm not for sure. The finale dress with Kate Moss is from Schindler's List. I dunno any of the others pieces you want. Sorry...but check out the score to The Piano at least. :)

Yeah....the second song played on the runway (01:55) is "Here to There" by Michael NYMAN, and it is from the Piano. And the last one, with Kate Moss, is from Schindler's List. I knew these already, though.

I really want to know the names of the bagpipe song and the rock song played right after the bagpipes!

Originally posted by movie_watcher@Aug 24 2006, 08:36 AM
I really want to know the names of the bagpipe song and the rock song played right after the bagpipes!
PLEASE!!!!! (BAGPIPES: starts at 3:02) (ROCK: starts at 3:56)

no, i don't think its amazing grace, but i dont know what it is :blink:
check out a group called Seven Nations
they are an awesome celtic/rock group with a lot of bagpipes and a fiddle!

I am not being an SA, but did you listen to the clip? there is an intro that doesn't really sound like the traditional amazing grace? like the first 20 seconds or so???

If you did, my apologies....

Originally posted by cmaynerd@Oct 17 2006, 07:28 PM
Is this it?

http://www.caber-records.com/mp3/amazing_grace.mp3
....that intro, sounds very close, but I don't think it's quite it. I'm not sure if the bagpipes is a seperate song than that of the rock song....but they could very well be the same one. I'll look into that Seven Nations group.

by the way, thanks for helping out guys! Cmaynerd...you always seem to rescue me here!

ok all this bagpiping is starting to run together , ya ken?

Two more for you to listen to...I am kind of leaning towards the first - but you be the judge - may not be either of them....

1) Pibroch (Standard pipes and drums of scotland) - there is a variation but I think this sounds more like your music...

2) Highland cradle song - they are close - but like I said, I lean towards the first....

Again I could be totally off.... B)

AS for the rock song - SOUNDS like Collective Soul - "Better Off"

I'm aware of the Collective Soul song "Better Now"; do they also have one titled "Better Off", or is that a typo? Honest question.

No problem. I am now a big fan of Seven Nations. Never heard of them before; glad you had this thread going.

Back