adult swim, a train or something, acoustic piece

jonnyblair

Reaction score
ok, i remember about a year and half ago or so, there was an acoustic piece that had sort of an awakrd accented beat and or time signature, it was a finger picked song, and had a very folk character to it. the scene was just like 15 seconds of looking at this train, or perhaps a graffitied wall or something and then just went black and said adult swim. I think the train was a maroon red or something and there was tall grass i believe. the shot is taken from the bottom of the hill looking up at the train tracks and the non moving train. anyone have any idea?

Please do not "bump" topics.

Have you tried the Official Adult Swim Forums? (Registration Required.) They keep a message thread in the "Williams Street Culture" forum about their commercial music.

You can forget those forums. It's an absolute mess. There are too many thousands of posts to wade through, and it's a bit hard to search for music when you don't know anything about it or lyrics. Music is a primary component of why they do so well, and the part of the deal they are least in control of.

Music is why they do so well? What about their programming?

Their forums ARE a confusing place (especially with the new redesign) -- and difficult to get to because registration is required to read the threads.

But they do have a few "sticky" threads in the Williams Street forum about the music used in all their bumps. Worth checking out if you're looking for an answer.

I posted on the adult swim forums and asked for ya chief, I'll post if I get an answer. ;)

Originally posted by jca@Jan 9 2006, 10:16 PM
Their forums ARE a confusing place (especially with the new redesign) -- and difficult to get to because registration is required to read the threads.

But they do have a few "sticky" threads in the Williams Street forum about the music used in all their bumps. Worth checking out if you're looking for an answer.
Oh, I saw the sticky, and I actually went and looked in them as well. But at least 10,000 posts overall (probably more like 15,000) are in the three official music threads. With lots and lots of repeats spanning the vast majority of pages. Just hope you get lucky with a good search, is all I'm saying.

And to the person who asked me about the programming--I said A primary component, not THE primary component. I trust you see the difference. The reason I say they aren't in control of it--well, just read the first page. Roughly 2/3 of all the music they used in their first years is part of the Turner Music Library, which means it can't be used for anything besides broadcast on television. So it can never be released or even streamed on their site, according to its license. Of course, recently they've started accepting submissions, so maybe (maybe) the music you want actually exists in viable form. I just wish you luck in that maze over there.

Here is the reply I got from the forum.

"Ahhh yes.....the infamous "Most asked about song ever" I believe

Card 4 - Outro (Red Truck)
Bartok, Alabama - Turner Library

The artist, and the location have never been determined, although it is a part of the Turner Library. However, that remains one of, if not the most popular bump ever to air during Adult Swim's history

And you came to the right place! Adtunes is a great forum, but this is the place to go for Adult Swim related music!"

Sorry. :(

Back