Advanced Search problem

i_scipio

Reaction score
Functionality of the old site was better, easier, more intuitive. Sure, maybe this'll just take getting used to, but if it ain't broke, why "fix" it?

Advanced search is buggy. Search is just buggy...

The old site, while maybe no-frills design-wise, was awesome...this is just okay...

Re: New Look

Under the Search Forums, there's a link for Advance Search. When I click that, I see the advanced search screen for a few seconds, then it disappears and all there is is a search text box, with a logo that says powered by google. Where did the advanced search items go for me to select?

Also, it seems whatever I search for, the first result is always "What Are You listening to?" post. The old search seemed to be more focused. I feel like it's searching every forum vs. just commercial music, sountrack music, movie soundtracks, etc...which are available under advanced search, but I can't get to that screen. For the few seconds that I can see the advanced options, I do see that Search All Open Forums is selected...too broad...

Under the Search Forums, there's a link for Advance Search. When I click that, I see the advanced search screen for a few seconds, then it disappears and all there is is a search text box, with a logo that says powered by google.

There should be no Powered by Google or any type of Google Search box associated with the Advanced Search page. I am not aware of anyone else having this problem.

You should not be seeing what you described. It sounds like a problem with your system/browser.

Could you post a screenshot of what you are seeing to http://imageshack.us and post the image link here?

You may have a cookie issue, old bookmark, or browser issue, possibly associated with spyware, malware, etc. installed on your system. The Advanced Search page presents you with several options with the built-in Adtunes search, it should not forward to any external page, such as a Google custom search.

What operating system and browser are you using?

Here are a few things to try to see if it removes the search problem from your system:

• Try using Advanced Search in a different browser to see if you get the same results.
  • Delete all previous Adtunes bookmarks, adtunes.com cookies, and any previous Adtunes.com links that may be in your browser cache.
  • Run anti-virus and malware checks on your system, to identify problems that may have infected your system. You might try SpyBot Search and Destroy.

We heard from someone else having this problem who offered a bit more information.

This Advanced Search bug appears to be a Javascript error affecting some Internet Explorer users. We are working on fixing the issue.

Back