New Site Features Questions

farbeyond

Sandman
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering what the different color bar codes mean under each user name? Ie. the blue and green for members, and red for administrators.

User Rank Bars

The Red Bar is for Admins.

The Green Bar is your Rank, based on your number of posts.

The Blue Bar is your Reputation, which is based on the "Add to Reputation" function from other users.

(Reputation hasn't been fully implemented yet.)

Ok, thanks; thats what I thought it meant, just checking though.

How does linking work? When replying, I don't see any linking/smilie options. Do I have to manually type in the code?

[url=http://adtunes.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode#url]BB Code URL linking
still works the same way:

[url=http://adtunes.com/forums]Adtunes Forums[/url]

There is a Insert Link button in your Message Editor Interface (globe with link icon). If you do not see the formatting icons, you can go to your User CP and turn on the Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Controls under the Miscellaneous Options.

I see the smilie code still works. :nerd:
Well, not all of the old smilies are installed yet. ;)

I have "Central" time and Daylight Saving selected and my posts are an hour ahead of where they should be. For example, if I post at 6:30, it shows 7:30. No biggie to me; just thought you would like to know.

Turn Daylight Savings off or switch it to "Automatically Detect DST".

Reactions: jca
My green bar does not exist.. I see some are empty but I don't have one at all.

But I do have a question though.. What is the group membership thing? Mine has two options, Advanced users and users awaiting email confirmation... ??

My green bar does not exist.. I see some are empty but I don't have one at all.
I believe the system will not give you a Green Bar (for posts) until your email address is confirmed, putting you back into "Registered Users". I assume you changed your email and then confirmed it, making your Green Bar appear?

Yep. exactly what happened. It didn't occur to me until right after I posted that.

Back