New Look

Do you like the new Adtunes design?

• Yes

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters
The font is too big and everything looks chunky, was this made for the blind?

I like the look of the old Adtunes better but I like some of the new tools, statistics etc.. It will take some time to get used to but I think it will be good.

Avatars in the 'new look' can only be 19k in file size. No more animations. DrM will nod no more. :(

But I like the new functions and features of the new look. :)

;)

I don't dig it. Change makes me uneasy.

Also, my awesome Kermit avatar is gone.

I don't dislike it, but it's a little bit like a digital nightmare. Everything is so digital/futuristic/techie looking. Know what I mean?

Ugh, I'm going to be honest, I can't stand it. All the Black & Grey is bleeding my eyes out. Do we really need such bold spaced fonts? I prefer the simplistic & bright design of the previous. This is just so . . . blah.

Ugh, I'm going to be honest, I can't stand it. All the Black & Grey is bleeding my eyes out.
We welcome any honest feedback (positive or negative). ;)

Regardless of how you may feel about the new design, we hope everyone finds the new features and functions of the new forum software useful.

If anyone has any questions/suggestions/etc., don't hesitate to post them in the feedback forum.

Thanks jca. Question, is there a way to revert back to the old layout, or different layout like in other forums? Thanks.

Question, is there a way to revert back to the old layout, or different layout like in other forums?
There is no way to revert to the old layout design, since it was made for a completely different system/forum software.

We do plan to add at least one other layout option (full browser window width) sometime in the future, but it will be based around the current theme/look/appearance.

How come my avatar doesn't show up where it used to under my name? It shows up on my profile, but not under the name anymore....

Nevermind. Found the answer in my "options". :)

Hmm, yea, I'm not liking the new look at all. Everything is so much bigger and bulkier. As well, the green text with the grey background looks awful.

While the new features are pretty nice, I think the old design was much more simple and easy to use. The key to a good web page is simplicity, CNN.com is a great example of that. When you start mixing dark colours with light ones and then throw in some neon green it becomes distracting and unappealing.

Furthermore I've been trying to find a way to change my password (since it was reset) and I can't figure out how.

I'd suggest keeping the new features but going back to your traditional look and just add some minor aesthetic changes to keep things fresh and new.

My two cents

I think it looks great :) I'm never in the mood to learn new stuff but I always seem to adapt and even forget what used to be in a very short period of time.

Anyone who finds the layout unbearably large & bulky (I like it - old eyes are grateful :D ) depending on your system you may be able to make it smaller by holding the Ctrl key down while scrolling the mouse wheel back - OR - you may want to consider increasing your screen resolution.

Compared to the upheavals we go through at the ASMB this is nuthin' :p
I think it looks very nice indeed :eek:k:

The only thing I don't like about the new design is the color scheme. Too harsh, too dark, I dunno. I really dislike it though. Everything else is great!

I reloaded my butterfly avatar and it shows when I view my profile, but it doesn't show on the actual forum pages...

AND

I can't seen anyone else's avatar but only when I'm LOGGED IN...if I peruse the forum as a guest (i.e. not logged in) I can see the avatars...

WTF? Is it a setting that I need to check/uncheck? Weirdness...

NM...I'm just an idiot...it was a setting I had to check...actually there were a whole bunch of options that I checked and unchecked LOL...D'oh!

Good idea... maybe the charcoal gray to match the outside border of the new look forum. Would you like to create it? I know youve got some good graphic skills.

We also need some new post icons for the new look also.

Back