30 Rock

BandTrumpet7

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know the music that plays over the opening credits in the Pilot episode of the TV show "30 Rock"? (This isn't the main saxophone theme that plays in later episodes - this is the pilot episode, where Tina Fey's character gives hot dogs to random people on the street).

As far as I can tell, lyrics go something like this:

"Who's that, I know that you're wondering
That's her (That's her, that's her, that's her, that's her)
Who's got the kind of charisma that the boys prefer
Who's hot and you know that she knows it
That's her
She's like a summer sky, a slice of cherry pie, the rarest butterfly..."

The clip of the song can be heard on the episode on iTunes.

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin...608536%26s%3D143441%26uo%3D4%26partnerId%3D30

Is this just an original song written for the show or is it an actual song?

Thanks,
BT7

Kind of has that "made up for the show" vibe... I haven't been able to find anything talking about it when I've serached. :unsure:

I think theme song gags along the lines of, "Who's got <something>, Who is <something>, why, it's <someone>!" are generally a reference to the theme song used by The Mary Tyler Moore Show, from the show's 2nd season onward. The "Ellen" sitcom did a joke that I perceived as a similar idea ("WHO's got a lesbian smile?...").

Does anyone know the calypso song they played during this episode. If I could make out any lyrics, I'd just google it, but I couldn't.

30 Rock: Reaganing Episode Music

Does anyone happen to know the name of the song playing during the Tracy Jordan Boys and Girls Club commercial scene? The episode originally aired Oct 21, 2010 It's a beautiful / fun / expansive sounding piece (at least from the intro) and I'd love to know what it is. Thank you!

Re: 30 Rock: Reaganing Episode Music

It sounds like original music for the show. Jeff Richman does the music and it all has a very 30 Rock feel, this seems to fall into that category.

Re: 30 Rock: Reaganing Episode Music

This sounds like orignal music for the show. Jeff Richman does all the music with a 30 Rock feel, this seems to fall into that category.

The theme and the various pilot music was composed by Tina Fey's husband, Jeff Richmond. She refers to this fact in her new book, Bossypants. Those first set of lyrics are correct.

Back