Cinemax

Kth

Reaction score
My brother was watching War of the Worlds (I think; either that or seaQuest 2032), and during the commercials this Cinemax commercial comes on. It had this pretty piano song. About it:

1. It didn't have any vocals. (If it does have vocals, they were not played).

2. The song wasn't... gentle (like, for example, "Moonlight Sonata,") but it certainly wasn't, say, honky tonk or hard rock. It had some percussion plus a piano. It had an even meter (probably 4/4), a tempo I'm guessing between 92 and 96 bpm (hey, an online metronome!), and whatever the key signature was, my vague memory is telling me that it sounded like the progression was i-VII-iv-VI, each held for a measure. (It goes i, then the VII right below that, then the iv below that, then the VI right above that. If it were in the key of A minor, if would be a-↓G-↓d-↑F.)

3. I couldn't see it clearly (I was on the computer and didn't consider turning around early enough), so I can't say what exactly the commercial was about, but I do believe that I saw smaller screens of movie clips rushing [toward or away from, I don't remember] us and the word "Cinemax" at the end toward the upper right corner with a lot of yellow and/or yellow-orange around.

That's what I know about it. Even if it wasn't actually Cinemax, if anyone thinks they know what this song is could you tell me?

I can tell you now that it isn't Aqualung's "Brighter Than Sunshine," Citizen Cope's "Son's Gonna Rise," Robbie Williams' "Feel," the Devlins' "World Outside," Coldplay's "God Put a Smile on Your Face" or "Clocks," Gomez's "Shot, Shot," or Tube & Berger's "Straight Ahead."

Hi again, the Capt. and Cew are back with another one. We get Satellite tv here on ship. So watch the thing alot on off watch time. During movie breaks on Cinemax there is a score of music that plays with no words. Very haunting and spacey. We want to know the Song. Artist, and Cd or any info we can get. Some of the boys think Cold Play but not know title. Of course myself... well won't even guess. So let me give them some news! Capt. Mark USMM

Hi, I just posted a similar question on the Theme Forum. I not know if anyone answered yet but if do I will try to let you know. Maybe if you find out you could let me and the crew know also. Some though it was Coldplay so now we know that is not it. Capt. Mark USMM email Marlindaddy Login Tuna

We are aboard ship in United States Merchant Marine. Get our tv via satellite. Durring breaks in Cinemax movies there is a short musical score that plays with a series of movie clips. No words. We would like to know who, what, and if able to buy. Lost of guess by the boys but no one really knows. Help us out.
Captian Mark Maloney USMM

The spot is basically in the "Life Needs" concept. It features, a Trip Hop sounding track, and the movies; "Idiocracy," "Flags of Our Fathers," "Tenacious D..." and "The Return."

Nevermind... Found the Credits!!!

Time is the Enemy by Quantic

If anyone was curious.

Another great Ultrabland spot.

Had to register here just to reply to you and say THANK YOU! lol

Seriously thank you. I have been searching for this music for 4 weeks now with no success in sight. I love this song and you sir are a life saver. :D

Does anyone know anything about the music used in the video here - www.cinemax.com

It is a tune they use often and I have search high and low but can't find the music.

Found it! I posted the topic on the Cinemax site and got an answer today! The band is Quantic and the song is Time is the Enemy.

:D

Sorry, but that definitely isn't the song I was looking for. Far from it. The one I'm looking for, as far as I recall, sounds more like Moby's "Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad" in terms of style and instrumentation. (However, of course, it isn't "Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad.")

I found the song described in the OP pretty (or otherwise I wouldn't be looking for it). I do not find "Time is the Enemy" pretty at all.

Not to mention the progressions: the song described in the OP's progression is i-VII-iv-VI; "Time is the Enemy" is more like i-iv (c-f, in fact).

Also, note that the OP was posted at the end of 2005. "Time is the Enemy" started to be used in 2007, I believe.

They are not the same song. It's not the right song.
("Right"=what I'm looking for.)

Back