Calling "BS" on Fox's 24 and others

jffodom

Reaction score
:ph34r:

I learned that "Calling BS" means saying something is "Bull Shit"

So I am Calling BS on several issues.

I came back in town and was watching 24 and I saw the President get "blown up" in an explosion @ the White House. He was in the Hospital in a coma. Now, after 1 episode, this clown is out of the coma and in a suite and tie making decisions as if there were no explosion at all. What is up with that?

Then, I saw this fool on CSI: Miami get shot IN THE HEAD by some criminals and by the end of that show, he was in critical at the Hospital. In the very next episode, he had a shaved head and was back "on the job" walking around and acting like he was never even hit in the head with a bullet. They made some comments during the show like how he was dizzy and could not remember things. But if I were hit in the head with a bullet that would be the least of my worries. What is up with that?

People getting almost killed and being put in comas and critical conditions on TV Programs. Then in the next episodes, they are back "good as new" like they were never involved in any life threatening situations.
If you want to almost kill someone during your program, atleast have them in the Hospital for more than half an episode to make it believable. You can't have a critical condition or coma patient return in the next episode and think no one will notice or call "BS".

Just my point of view.

really, it is nothing compared to the way they brought JR back in Dallas

oh, and days of our lives now features aliens!

On 24 the doctor induced the coma to prevent swelling around the brain or something. They brought him out of the coma cause the VP was about to launch a nuke. He was still in very bad condition but he had to try very hard to look ok so he could regain control. Later he passed-out and went back into a coma. Are you sure you watched this? But yeah the show isn't as good as it used to be.

Some weird things happen sometimes though. On the news there was a story about a guy that was walking away from an argument and got shot in the back of the head with a 357. The bullet bounced off the back of his skull and all he had was a little cut, not even a concusion. They released him the same day, which I thought was bad doctoring, seems like they should have kept him for observation. A few days later the cops tazered a guy and he died.

Yes, I think I am watching the same 24 episodes.
My point about these Televeision Programs is that they have a severe accident happen to a character and then he/she has returned as if nothing happened. In 24, the President was "blown up" and put in the Hospital in some sort of coma. He came out and acted like he was alive and well....ready to take on the "bad guys". Yet, he was just in a coma in the Hospital.

I see strange things all the time.

I saw an accident victim walk away from an accident go to the hospital. Then when the doctor said nothing was wrong and that he could go home, he bent over the water fountain for water and blood gushed out of his nose and he died instantly. Others have had their entire head blown off except for the brain stem and be wheeled into the Hospital in a wheel chair moving their arms and legs and live for 3 hours or more. This stuff happens all the time.

But my focus was on TV Dramas almost killing their characters and having them return so soon into the next episode.

TV make us watch more TV.

I don't know that the President's injuries were any more far fetched than the rest of the show 24. The bomb was small and detonated early. The Pres was shoved out of the main blast radius by the other guy. I think the actor playing the pres did a pretty good job of acting like a guy that was badly injured, acting like he wasn't badly injured. He wasn't jumping around clicking his heels together and he did finally succumb to his injuries.

The thing about the brain reminded me of this.

Back