Cadillac SRX "Sun"

hulkorican

Reaction score
Cadillac SRX "Sun"

I am wondering if anyone knows what music is used on the new Cadillac SRX television ad. I just saw it for the first time on the Discovery Health Channel at about 5:30 this afternoon.

The ad is not available on the Cadillac site but here is a brief description: late afternoon, after it has stopped raining a mother and her two young blonde children get into the SRX and drive away from their house on a road in what looks like Northern California. The mother opens the sunroof and gazes back at her two children whom are asleep in the backseat.

The soundtrack is a folksy sounding soung similar to something I would expect from Finlay Quay, Vic Chesnutt, or Nick Drake. Sounded like guitar and lyrics (which were hard to make out). here is what I could cobble together

Kingdoms and queens they all bow down
Branches and ranch hands are bowing too
And I've taken off my straw hat for you
Singing here comes the sun again

Any help would surely be appreciated!!!

Thanks for posting the lyrics, I was looking for that song, too. Found it: it's M. Ward's "here comes the sun again" from the album Transistor Radio.

mom driving....male vocalist.... heard the lyric "sun king" but it's not the beatles or the cult....anyone know the song?

i'm not sure if this is the one your are looking for, but there is a recent cadillac commercial featuring the song "here comes the sun again" by m. ward

Who is the artist and name of song in Cadillac commercial w/ woman driving and two girls asleep in back of car. Woman opens sun roff....? Thanks

I'm looking for the a song I heard recently on a Cadillac commercial - I don't remember much about it .... something about A Sun King....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I'm trying to find this one, too. The song aired tonight (10/31) sometime during Countdown on MSNBC, and the show will be repeated at 12AM-1AM.

Definitely not Cult...as was mentioned it's a mellow song, mostly acoustic, with this line:

"I'm takin' off my straw hat for you, here comes the sun king."

Heh, I got on after seeing the "punkrocker" commercial looking to find out who that was.

The mellow one is M. Ward Here Comes The Sun Again off his album Transistor Radio. Buy it, there's not a bad track on it or I wouldn't have registered an account to let you know.

later

I just saw this commercial on ABC tonight, it was for a Cadillac SUV and the car was driving down a winding road in the trees.

There was a guy singing and an acoustic guitar, it was a slow pretty song....

I hope thats enough information!

I was looking for the same song a few nights ago -
Its M.Ward - Here Comes the Sun Again

I'm dying to know what song they used in this Cadillac commercial I just saw. I didn't really pay attention to exactly what kind of Cadillac it was - some kind of SUV, but it's a really folk-ish sounding song and the only lyrics I can remember are "I take off my straw hat to you" or something along those lines. So if anyones knows, I would really appreciate some help! Thanks in advance!

Great taste in music, Miss Misery. The song you are pining for is "Here Comes the Sun Again" by M Ward, from his Transistor Radio album, and it's available on iTunes.

Just heard a Cadillac commercial. The song had the words "takin' off my straw hat for you" among others. Anyone know who the male vocalist is or the song/album?

Thanks in advance.

Hey there to all. Hope that someone can help me find this song that I am desperatly trying to find. The song is played for the new cadillac SUV. The commercial shows a mom taking her daugters out for a drive, its a rainy day, the sun comes out she opens the sunroof to let her daughters enjoy the sun on their faces. haven't seen the commercial in a while, so I am not sure of any lyrics.
Thanks in advance for any help and time.

a blonde woman driving a buick suv through the woods with two sleeping blonde children in the back.

the music is dreamy but rhythmic and sunny and happy, does anybody know anything about this song? or artist?

thanks!

I believe that's a Cadillac SRX and the song is "Here Comes the Sun Again" by M. Ward. It was also used in the Cadillac Espalade ad.

"here comes the sun" by m. ward

album: transistor radio
label: merge records

Back