GMC Sierra

goldenhorse

Reaction score
There's a GMC Sierra truck commercial currently airing with the tagline "building legends". The song is what sounds like a really catchy, slick arena rock anthem from the 70's. But it very well could be new.

The commercial is pretty standard, with narration and action shots of the truck edited to the music.

Any idea what it is? :eek:

Originally posted by goldenhorse@May 3 2006, 09:16 PM
There's a GMC Sierra truck commercial currently airing with the tagline "building legends". The song is what sounds like a really catchy, slick arena rock anthem from the 70's. But it very well could be new.

The commercial is pretty standard, with narration and action shots of the truck edited to the music.

the lyrics are fairly illegible but the chorus is saying something like "coming all the time" or "going all the time" followed by your standard "woahohoh"s. :huh:

Originally posted by goldenhorse+May 3 2006, 09:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (goldenhorse @ May 3 2006, 09:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-goldenhorse@May 3 2006, 09:16 PM

the lyrics are fairly illegible but the chorus is saying something like "coming all the time" or "going all the time" followed by your standard "woahohoh"s. :huh: [/b][/quote]
this ad has been airing frequently all weekend. did anyone catch it?

In addition to your lyrics they also say:
"with it's sleek design"
or
"with the sleek design".

I have seen on other sites the standard response from GM that this is a mix specific to this commercial, but I think that's the easy way out...

*sounds like a really catchy, slick arena rock anthem from the 70's*

actually, i thought it sounded more NWOBHM, specifically vocals from Dave King of Fastway/Flogging Molly.

found this on another board:

"...I took the liberty of contacting the company. I got this back this morning.

Thank you for your e-mail.

The song used in our latest GMC Sierra TV spot is an original track that we had
recorded specifically for the commercial. It does not exist
commercially (at a retailer).

Thank you for contacting General Motors of Canada Limited. Please visit our
website again!

Christine Hoskin
General Motors Internet Correspondent...".

hope this gives you a lead.

This is such a great song ... ive had it in my head all day !!!!!

Back