The Benchwarmers

kamiclone

Reaction score
It has a good tune, and for some reason i think it is Queens of the Stone Age, however i have no evidence or anyhting. Anybody know?

If you're talking about the song towards the end of the trailer, it's "Times Like These" by the Foo Fighters.

There is another song from that trailer that i would like to know the name of. It sounds like another western showdown song. Sounds like Oo Ee Oo Ee Oo, Wa Wa Waaaa

What's the name of the music used in the new tv trailer. It sounds like a combination of the theme from "The Natural" and the theme from "The Magnificent Seven". It sounds like it might be a western theme. It's definitely not the music from "Stripes", or "The Good, Bad & Ugly". It's used only during the very beginning of the new tv trailer. I heard it was also used for a Chevy commercial, I don't know about that for sure, but I have heard it on one of those mgm montages that celebrate all the great movie moments of mgm movies, and plays before the feature presentation. It was on the video tape version of "Gone with the Wind", which came out a few years before the new dvd version.

Originally posted by NumyMufn@Mar 31 2006, 06:36 PM
I can't find that trailer to confirm but I think it was the 'Stripes March' from the movie 'Stripes' - here's a clip so you can check it:
http://sg1.allmusic.com/cg/smp.dll?link=k7...vdwazu&r=20.asx

EDIT: Okay I found the trailer and that's the one B)
Yes, this is the one thats on the Benchwarmers/Nissan commercial, though I don't know/think the song originated with the movie Stripes.

Originally posted by ryanrodman+Apr 4 2006, 11:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ryanrodman @ Apr 4 2006, 11:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NumyMufn@Mar 31 2006, 06:36 PM
I can't find that trailer to confirm but I think it was the 'Stripes March' from the movie 'Stripes' - here's a clip so you can check it:
http://sg1.allmusic.com/cg/smp.dll?link=k7...vdwazu&r=20.asx

EDIT: Okay I found the trailer and that's the one B)
Yes, this is the one thats on the Benchwarmers/Nissan commercial, though I don't know/think the song originated with the movie Stripes. [/b][/quote]
Well - it's original 'Stripes' score music from Elmer Bernstein, and that is a recurring theme on the soundtrack. However many people thought that parts of it (including this one I'm sure) sounded much like his earlier work on 'The Magnificent Seven'. He has quite a lengthy resume http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000930/
Two others that fit this genre jumped out at me - 'The Great Escape' and 'The Big Valley'

and gee whiz, just how many Magnificent Seven movies were there? :rolleyes:

While I'm here I thought I would mention that I heard one on tv use Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture last night - which of course to my husband is just the soundtrack to Caddyshack :rolleyes:

Thats pretty amazing, that that song originated with Stripes, cause I knew of the song before seeing the movie, thats why I didnt think of the movie when I heard that song...

ito me its amazing that such a recognizable song could come from such an obscure movie, for my generation at least (born '87)

Originally posted by beastra85@Apr 4 2006, 12:26 AM
What's the name of the music used in the new tv trailer. It sounds like a combination of the theme from "The Natural" and the theme from "The Magnificent Seven". It sounds like it might be a western theme. It's definitely not the music from "Stripes", or "The Good, Bad & Ugly". It's used only during the very beginning of the new tv trailer. I heard it was also used for a Chevy commercial, I don't know about that for sure, but I have heard it on one of those mgm montages that celebrate all the great movie moments of mgm movies, and plays before the feature presentation. It was on the video tape version of "Gone with the Wind", which came out a few years before the new dvd version.
Is this the trailer you mean? (hopefully this doesn't play random trailers :p )
http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/thebenc...nchwarmers/psp/
DON'T click on 'trailer' - it will start playing in the PSP

Originally posted by ryanrodman@Apr 5 2006, 01:46 PM
Thats pretty amazing, that that song originated with Stripes, cause I knew of the song before seeing the movie, thats why I didnt think of the movie when I heard that song...

ito me its amazing that such a recognizable song could come from such an obscure movie, for my generation at least (born '87)
Youngster ;) it's not so obscure to an oldster like myself :D

Originally posted by NumyMufn+Apr 5 2006, 08:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NumyMufn @ Apr 5 2006, 08:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-beastra85@Apr 4 2006, 12:26 AM
DON'T click on 'trailer' - it will start playing in the PSP [/b][/quote]
No, that's not it. The trailer I'm talking about is very short, and it's only on tv I think. I know for sure that it's not music from "Stripes" or "The Good, Bad & Ugly", or even the song "Times Like These" by the Foo Fighters, because I checked.

Originally posted by NumyMufn+Apr 5 2006, 08:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NumyMufn @ Apr 5 2006, 08:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-beastra85@Apr 4 2006, 12:26 AM
DON'T click on 'trailer' - it will start playing in the PSP [/b][/quote]
No, that's not it. I'm talking about the new tv spot.

Well , I've covered all the tv spots I've seen - I was trying to be helpful and it's the only one that sounded anything like The Natural that I've run across.

Back