Bacardi

voidtrance

Reaction score
I am looking for the song that is used for a Bacardi commercial. The one that shows the words "Drink Responsibly So You Can Live Like You Mean It." on a red background with some kind of a bat-looking black symbol.

The song is hard-trance, I think.

Thanx

am also looking for this one!
this was used as the dvd menu theme for "da ali g show" season 2.

ive been lookin for it forever since ali g show dvd season 2, and the bacardi gold commercial!

I was surfing on the internet looking for this song, and I came across this website. Your question already got answered on another forum (here: http://adtunes.com/forums/index.php?showto...350&hl=bacardi) and evidently it was the right answer because the asker thanked the person for their answer.

Anyway, their answer was Rip Groove by Double 99 (the New mix feat. Top Cat)

I have been unable to find it through any means on the internet. If you happen to have it or are able to find it, please email me and let me know. This could be a false lead, but I thought I'd at least throw it out there.

Booyakasha,
Jeff

Not a false lead... I was able to locate the song on a p2p program and yes, it is the track you hear in the commercial...very cool I might add!!!! There is a chance you heard a different song since Bacardi has a lot of commercials running right now with differnent tracks. But I'd be happy to send it to anyone, as long as I'm not violating any copyright holdings!!!
Cya

I don't think we quite have it just yet. I've since come across a copy of the Rip Groove track (thanks sheerkon). While it does have a similar feel, it's not the song in question. Through my long hours of searching on the internet, I did come across a radio show that had used a sampling of the song we want in this thread as an intro to their program (which I'm assuming they ripped from the dvd menu from Ali G)...I cut it down and made an approximately 30 sec mp3....

I'm new here so I don't know if there's a way to upload a file anywhere for people to download it, but if you want to message me or email me I will send it to you. Maybe the short snippet is good enough for some people. Hopefully I will send it to someone who knows what it is/who did it, etc. We continue the search...

Agentz is right.. Rip Groove by Double 99 (the New mix feat. Top Cat)
is not the right track, close but not a match. I know for sure I have it somewhere in the sea of mp3's I have spaced out over 3 seperate computers. I will keep looking and try to update this thread when and if I come across the right track. But I will say, Agentz has a short clip of the track in question, and it is well worth the effort to find this one!! 2b continued!
-T

I e-mailed the bacardi team the other day, and this is what they had to say in their reply :

The track in the Bacardi commercials is a
stock track that was purchased for the
commercial. This track is unfortunately not
available to consumers.

Thank you for your interested.

Regards,
Bacardi Canada Inc.

Highly doubtful, considering the Ali G dvd also had it in their menu music. It's kind of like the Scion Commercial music....Where it was a "stock track" as they would say, but I still managed to find it. I'll keep trying to look for it as much as I can. Anything else heard from you guys at all?

http://forums.di.fm/showthread.php?t=96431

I posted this question in a trance related forum, and got some interesting info. This is the most promising quote:

It's a piece of speed garage, i forget the artist but it could be "187 Lockdown" - (on further reflection, i don't think it is, but it's from the same era as their tune "gunman" and the sneaker pimps "spin spin sugar")

search for speed garage classics and you'll find it in the top 10 all time famous tunes of that genre...

I downloaded that "at Night" By Shakedown, but thats not even close to the song. As for the "all Night" I've tried downloading several tracks called All Night, but still haven't found anything yet. The search continues......

DavyBoy,

If you look up in the thread I've already pointed out the earlier post, and there was a discussion about the validity of the answer. (Turned out it was wrong)

I checked on that "At Night" track by Shakedown, and no it's nowhere even close to being right. I even got the remix version. I do recommend the songs though, because they're good in and of themselves.

Also, nobody's gotten anything from Bacardi but the infamous "stock track" and "unavailable" lines. Evidently this is a form answer, and it's not what we want to hear. My suggestion is to go the other route: the Ali G DVD...

I actually figured out the production company that put together the Ali G DVD...they are pretty well known in the industry, I guess. Their company name is 1K Studios. try www.1kdvd.com or www.one-k.com (I think the former is the newer site, the latter is older)

I've tried emailing their info@1kdvd.com (and previous address at info@one-k.com respectively) which is listed on the site to track down this song title, but both came back to me as non-existent. Maybe other audiophiles and a renewed interest might have better luck getting in touch with them? At any rate, I just thought I'd pass that information along.

Good luck all.

Originally posted by NewF@Feb 13 2006, 03:49 PM
I just thought it'd be much easier to host the short clip, so people don't have to wait to get the track, and hear it. Hopefully we can get as many people as we can to try and find out the name of this song.
Okay folks, the song that is in this clip is in fact a production track titled "Snowball" that is not available to the general public for purchase or download. However, you can listen to it here:

Go to Extrememusic.com and click "Get Music" at the bottom
Once inside, click on "X-series" on the top left.
Click on "Album Name" on the left and wait for the albums to load
Scroll down to find "Speed Garage"
Click it, and wait for the tracks on the right to load.
"Snowball" should be the first track listed.

I'm pretty familiar with Extreme's site - I just read the words "stock track" and "speed garage" and figured it was worth a shot. (Good thing you had a sample posted) ;) As for downloading - you have to be a licensed production company to get a password, and they do check your credentials.......

The song is Snowbal by Menthol Man....it was also used in the Ali G DVD. I've been searching for it for months but finally found it! ENJOY

I registered with Extreme Music to see about downloading other tracks and am waiting for a reply. Anybody else done this?

Back