possible improvement

Tamsin

All-Star Member
Reaction score
Um,how about putting a check mark in one of the columns to show that the question has been successfully answered/solved?Or am I missing something?!I'm pretty new...

You're right, great idea. I used to add "Answered" onto solved topics... But that was when the Forum just started out and there was like 2 pages worth of info.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to sort through several thousand topics to decide if they've been figured out or not. :(

Maybe in the next upgrade I'll dive into forming a database of answered ads... but, don't hold your breath.

hehe I know how you feel michelle, I spend at least 2 hours a day sorting through all the topics on the forums I moderate.. and I only moderate 2 out of the like 12 forums on the boards.

I was thinking of an idea along those lines.. but my idea would take a lot of effort. I was thinking of something like creating a forum to post all of the ones that have been answered already, sorted by the type of ad (tv, movie, etc etc) and then possibly by company since there are a lot of requests for help on here by the same few companies.. but like I said that would require a lot of time and effort..

The checkmark or just an "answered" post and then closing the topic would prolly be less time consuming. :)

Is it possible to let other people change the title of the topic, so that if it was answered anyone else could just add "answered" to it.

Only moderators are allowed access to change topic titles.

hey hey, how about adding a chatroom? everyone here seems to have a good personality, and instead of slapping messages on the board, why not chat?

Originally posted by taikonaut@Mar 25 2004, 09:21 AM
hey hey, how about adding a chatroom? everyone here seems to have a good personality, and instead of slapping messages on the board, why not chat?
Read this.

If you need any I have experience with IPB and I'm a generally nice guy. :)

Thanks for all the suggestions. :) May add moderators at some point in the future. As for changing titles to "answered" or some other checkbox, that's not really feasible or practical at the moment.

Back