2004 Chevy Malibu

PromoGuy

Reaction score
I'd seen this mentioned in a few other posts, so I thought it deserved its own thread. Hope no one minds.

The new commercials for the 2004 Chevy Malibu has some great music in their commercials.

I think there are at least three:

* a :60 second of people on a long road taking turns driving
* a :30 cut of this same spot
* a :30 spot where folks from all walks of life are shown using the Malibu in quick cuts to a slightly re-worked version of the music in the first two.

To me, the music sounds as if it were inspired by Hans Zimmer's piece called "You're So Cool" from the "True Romance" soundtrack. They are very similar (except Zimmer's has no background chorus).

As for the music, I would wager it is a piece produced just for these commercials and isn't available for purchase. I'd like to be wrong though, so if you know anything, please share it.

I can confirm it was written for the commercial as I emailed Chevy. They made no mention of who did the commercial, sorry maybe Elias music.

Sorry I know this might not help much but there's a car commercial where the music is just a little melody played on a Marimba type thing, or Xylophone, or something like that. It sounds kind of islandy or something. I know it's probably a song just for the commercial but I was just wonderin...

DAMMIT!! This one was answered but I can't think of the car ad either. Just hold out, someone'll remember which one.

Lol Thanks. I looked at every car one (least i think all of them) and couldnt find it. I figured it was answered somewhere. Oh well lol.

i have been searching for this song as well, all over the internet but it doesn't help that i can't remember the car :) does anyone know what the song is called...i cant get it out of my head

if this will help i know that there are a bunch of different people adjusting the car and the seats etc. its supposed to show that many different people can use it or whatever. the weather is sunny and it is by the sea.

Ya don't either one remember the car make or model? we could look it up that way.. I was THINKING Jetta but didn't find it..

UG!!! I just saw the commercial the other night and forgot to write it down but im 99.999999999999999999999999% Positive it's for the Chevy Malibu Maxx. hmmm

Back