VW Volkswagen Jetta "Synchronicity"

Ok, this is driving me nuts. I have a song in my music collection that I know came from a commercial. No lyrics, just a kind of repetitive beat. Kind of techno-y, although it isn't very complicated. I thought it was from a VW Jetta commercial, but when I did a search here, everyone seems to point toward One Million Miles Away, which isn't it. (I have that one as well, so I know for sure it's not the same song.) It isn't a long song, 1:08, and I can let people hear it if necessary, but I really just want to identify who plays it and what album it comes from, as I'm trying to clean my music collection and track down correct info for everything.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be forever grateful! Thanks!

-Kitty

VW Jetta in New Orleans - "Synchronicity"

Back in 1999 I was asked by Lance Jensen & Alan Paffenbach of Arnold Advertising to write a piece of music for commercial they filmed in New Orleans. They were the creatives behind many iconic spots for VW (Da Da Da, Pink Moon etc). In my opinion moving the account elsewhere was a huge mistake.

The song I wrote ,"Jung at Heart", was made in to a longer version and given out (as a CD) when people would test drive the Jetta. I have many copies of this disc and if you'd like one contact me at vwcd (at) mcylinder.com. They are free (except the postage).

Older VW Commercial with Electronica-type music?

I have been going absolutely crazy hunting down this song. I've checked every single song listed by VW and NOTHING fits the bill. I know it was a VW commercial but for the life of me I can't recall if it was a Golf, Jetta, or Passat. I remember it coming out about the late 90's, right around the time of the infamous "Da Da Da" commercial.

Basically, it was an electronica/techno-esque type song. All you heard was a keyboard (synthesized I believe) with three predominant notes . If I could write it on sheet music I would.

The music went up the scale three notes, repeated the same three notes but jumped back down to the starting note afterwards. Then the same theme repeated but about a whole step lower. Like "dun dun-eh, dun dun de-dun, dun dun-eh, dun dun de-dun" (yes, I am well aware that this probably helps NO ONE but thought I'd attempt to convey it in some fashion).
As the commercial progressed I believe you heard some kind of kick up with the bass, the same music theme repeating.

I know that's not much to go off but I'm going crazy. I've heard this song used on various other things too but this is the only distinctive way I really remember it. Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about or am I just blonde?

Thanks! :)

Re: Older VW Commercial with Electronica-type music?

Master Cylinder "Jung At Heart".

Also, it was a black Jetta and the windshield wiper sweep sync'ed to other motion in the commercial.

No problem. It was one of the first commercials I looked for music on. Way before this site existed. Can't remember how i found it but I was so happy when I did.

Same here. Those VW adds introduced me to a lot of good music.

Older Nissan commercial

Just found the community, awesome stuff. Have a feeling I'll be spending a fair bit of time here. :)

This one commercial has been bugging me for awhile. It's an older one, maybe around 2001, and I'm pretty sure it was Nissan. Really great chill, downbeat music. The car is driving through the rain, windshield wipers moving in time with the music, some guys unloading a truck, also in sync. Tagline was something along the lines of "isn't it great when everything falls into place?"

Any leads would awesome.

Re: VW Jetta in New Orleans - "Synchronicity"

Thanks so much, Peter. You should also know (and maybe you do) that VW responded to numerous inquiries from people about the song by emailing everyone who had asked about it ... offering them a free CD of the song. I immediately sent in my address and got my copy right away. What a terrific response from the company. And an even cooler idea of handing out the song to people test driving the car. And even cooler still that you, the composer, have responded here offering folks more free copies.

It's quite a credit to the music that so many people responded the way they did.

*PS: I'm not sure how these threads are structured, but it's quite odd how many people keep making the same inquiry for the same song despite several people answering the question over and over. Even after Peter himself posts the answer and offers copies of the song there are people STILL asking about it on the thread!

*PPS: I also recommend folks jump over to Bandcamp to check out Peter DuCharme's other tracks.

Back in 1999 I was asked by Lance Jensen & Alan Paffenbach of Arnold Advertising to write a piece of music for commercial they filmed in New Orleans. They were the creatives behind many iconic spots for VW (Da Da Da, Pink Moon etc). In my opinion moving the account elsewhere was a huge mistake.

The song I wrote ,"Jung at Heart", was made in to a longer version and given out (as a CD) when people would test drive the Jetta. I have many copies of this disc and if you'd like one contact me at vwcd (at) mcylinder.com. They are free (except the postage).

Back