Hotwire.com

jeo00

Reaction score
Does anyone know the hotwire.com commercial band? I've done some looking and found Los High Tops. I went to their site and they do an add for hotwire but it's not the one I've seen recently.

It definitely has a surf sound to it some nifty keyboards and some tiki/luau rambling towards the end...

From what I've seen all the hotwire.com commercials are the same in style. They're running them as 'cheap' commercials. But, the music must be different on a couple of them. If you go to the Los High Tops website, you can view the commercial but it's not the song I'm looking for or seen in the last month.

Thanks for any help...

It is the same band - Los High Tops. But it's a remake of an early 60's song by The Statesmen. (No - not the Gospel group).

They have done several commercials - each one a bit different musically

Is the music from the new hotwire.com commercial made for the commercial? if not, who is the artist and what is the song. Thanks

What's happening in the ad? What's the music like? Genre/type of music, lyrics, male/female vocals? Any descriptions are helpful.

Originally posted by michelle@Sep 30 2004, 07:38 PM
What's happening in the ad? What's the music like? Genre/type of music, lyrics, male/female vocals? Any descriptions are helpful.
Can't remember what is happening, I was concertrating on the music. It is almost a "boogie woogie" style with a bass line that keeps walking up and down. Hopefully I will see it tonight and will pay more attention to what is happening.

alright i'm trying to find this song too. it's a really jazzy song with a flute playing as the main instrument. i can't remember what's going on in the commercial either but it's the only hotwire.com commercial so it isn't hard to figure out which one we're talking about. i think they are just showing a bunch of younger people having fun and taking home videos and what not on vacations.

also there are no lyrics, except right before the end you hear the music stop abruptly and a man with a very deep voice say some jibberish that sounds like "fa fa so so pa pa RO!" and then the music resumes with the jazzy flute. at the end you hear the classic chorus of men saying "HOTWIIIIIIRRRRRRRRE.......DOT COM!"

help me out please....great song

Are you talking about the one where it's all trying to be low budget and stuff (aka people writing stuff down on paper instead of using graphics)?

no not that one the other one, but hotwire.com just told me that all of their music is done by Los Hightops...as stated in another post....but on the los hightops website they don't have that song listed....so i guess you can download it on the web or somethin.....

I heard that just the other night.
An almost Rock-a-billy sounding song with a jazzy flute solo. That song rocks.

Originally posted by Hawk@Oct 2 2004, 08:30 PM
Are you talking about the one where it's all trying to be low budget and stuff (aka people writing stuff down on paper instead of using graphics)?
Yep thats the one. And yes it is the music with the "flute" sounding instrument in it. At the end has some big guy jumping in the pool. Is this Los High Tops also?

Hotwire Commercial -(With the Flute)

The tune is a cover of long out-of-print Statesmen song.

The name escapes me! It is Los High Tops doing the music - with a session flute player - and a special guest mouthing the "words."

Unfortunatly it is not yet available for download on the Los High Tops web site.

One of the earlier commercials is available. :(

ahhhh!!! figure out the name! because i couldn't find the song anywhere, not on the site at all....or the web......i;ll search some more though

There is a series of commercials for a .com company that provides cheap airfare or motel prices, they feature quirky surf style music. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Also there is a commercial featuring a tune called " I've got a Mojo Box" Anyone familiar with it? it runs with some jewlery company, I believe. Interesting site. I hope someone can help! :rolleyes: Peace.

Back