Without a Trace Season 3

katzee4

Reaction score
I would like to know the name of the song by
Edie Brickell in last weeks 11/5-6/04 episode of Without a Trace. It was about being alone is better because people always let you down.. thanks

I believe this question was already answered in a different thread (try search to see where). It is called "Circle of Friends" by Edie Brickell.

Oh, oops, sorry. I think this song was on Cold Case, not Without a Trace. Still, is it what you were looking for?

Circle of Friends... lyrics below.

Me, I'm a part of your circle of friends
and we notice you don't come around
Me, I think it all depends
on you touching ground with us.
But, I quit. I give up.
Nothing's good enough for anybody else
it seems.
And I quit. I give up.
Nothing's good enough for anybody else
it seems.

And being alone
is the best way to be.
When I'm by myself it's
the best way to be.
When I'm all alone it's
the best way to be.
When I'm by myself
nobody else can say goodbye.

Everything is temporary anyway.
When the streets are wet --
the color slip into the sky.
But I don't know why that means you and I are
- that means you and....
I quit -- I give up.
Nothin's good enough for anybody else it seems.
But I quit. I give up.
Nothing's good enough for anybody else it seems.

And being alone
is the best way to be.
When I'm by myself it's
the best way to be.
When I'm all alone it's
the best way to be.
When I'm by myself
nobody else can say...

Me, I'm a part of your circle of friends
and we notice you don't come around.

Okay, I just finished watching tonight's episode with the little boy that tried to hang himself. Does anyone know what song is playing in the background during the rescue. I think the lyrics are, "One day on the earth and then you're gone."

I could be wrong about the words (in fact, I probably am :p ) but it was a very moody song with great acoustics. Any information would be greatly appreciated. :)

i was searching all night to try and find this song as well !! thanks very much !!

My God, this song is truly one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. Thanks Sophist. :D

Anyone know what that folk sounding song was at the end of 'Without A Trace'?

The track is called 'Each Coming Night' by IRON & WINE.

Listen to a sample here (Track 8).

Anyone know the song from Without a Trace episode "John Michaels" when he goes to the daughter who's sister is dead in her apartment?

Hope that's not too confusing.

I only saw the last minute, when Jack was dreaming about jumping off the building. The song there was "Space Oddity" by David Bowie. I don't know if that's the part you're referring to, since I just saw that little bit. Hope this helps, but if not good luck!

The May 12th episode of CBS's "Without A Trace" featured a song during the final scene about 'Mission Control' and something about 'calling Major ----- ?'

Does anyone know the name of this song, and/or the artist /band that sings it? The singer sounds very British, and I think (not sure) that it might be an Oldie.

Thanks, in advance, for your kind help on this!

Thank you, Sophist, that was it! What a QUICK resonse---10 minutes flat!

I just downloaded it from iTunes.

Thanks again!

P.S. The Major's name is 'Tom' and it is an Oldie.

I've been seriously looking for that song too! LOL. Here are some of the words I found from a different poster in TV Tome

"gve me a reason to lay down my heart, stay with me, dont let me leave, be the one make me believe, stay with me"

It's a female vocalist, and it's kind in the rock/alternative catagory, I'd say.

I hope we can find out the song soon. lol.

hi, there was this episode where i think it was based around jack mahone and he was having hallucinations or something like that. i think at one bout he is standing on a ledge at the top of a building contemplating jumping. i think there was a song at that point when he was on the ledge and im looking for help finding that song. thanks.

What you described sounded familiar to me, so I just did a bit of Googling for ya ...

Possibly, you're thinking of ...

Season 3 - episode 22: "John Michaels" - original airdate 5/12/2005

Anthony Laplagia plays two roles in this episode ... his regular "Jack Malone" role and an old man named "John Michaels" ...
John stands at the edge of a building with a bag of groceries ...

Does this sound like it?

If so ...

Song was ...

David Bowie - "Space Oddity"

Right or wrong ...
Enjoy!
There you go.

Back