Visa "Life Takes Visa" Olympics

FlyOnBlue

Reaction score
Huge Ad campaign going on during the Olympics for VISA, highlights: BOLD Large print titles.

"Life takes ambition"
"Life takes Luck"
"Life takes Exploration"
Life takes Determination
Like takes Talent
Life Takes Risks"
so go on live life,,
life takes visa.

listening back over it, it sounds like either stock or copywrited made-for-commercial music

If it is stock music, finding the company that does it will help. Also, finding it on the company's site is even better.

OK I know this one. It's from Etreme's 92 album "III Sides to Every Story". Their best album by far. The track is "Tragic Comic".

Not straight from the album though. They've taken the riff and redone it for the ad.

OK ...

Last night (2/15/06) during the NBC Olympics coverage, I saw a new Life Takes Visa ad ...

Life Takes ... Grace

It showed slowed-down footage of downhill skiers ...

The song was NOT the same tune that's been playing for the other Life Takes Visa ad ...

This particular one featured a lot of violins - perhaps a quartet or more of them ...
It sorta had an E.S. Posthumus kinda vibe ...

Anybody have any ideas about this song?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Boy, oh boy ...

Visa keeps cranking out new ads in this series ...

Last night (2/16/06) I saw yet another Life Takes Visa ad ...

Life Takes ... Perspective

In it, we get a first-person POV of a downhill skier (as if the viewer is the athlete) ...

There's a sorta funky jam playing in the background ...

What's this tune?

Help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Thanks for everyones help, I've found Tragic Comic on Itunes and I'm not sure its the same version as the one used in the ad. This one seems to have an udnerlying drum set, while the add was more.... soothing.

Originally posted by FlyOnBlue@Feb 17 2006, 06:20 PM
Thanks for everyones help, I've found Tragic Comic on Itunes and I'm not sure its the same version as the one used in the ad. This one seems to have an udnerlying drum set, while the add was more.... soothing.
Soothing is probably not what comes to mind with Extreme but I tend to think Tragic Comic was a pretty mellow song as they go.

Anyway, they've totally redone it for the ad. You've really got to listen to the whole track to spot it. Otherwise its almost unrecognizable.

I went to the mophonics website and sure enough, there's the commericial with the music playing, but it doesn't give credits anywhere as to what the song is called or who it's by. Any insight?

The music was produced by the ad-music company Mophonics. Their website can be found at http://mo-pho.com/, along with the commercial. They appear to call the song the "Visa Anthem".

I started this topic a couple months ago, when Mophonics first said the music was coming soon... and i actually believed them. But soon has turned into weeks, then months, and now... seasons. Im almost going to give up! Mophonics, please release this song soonER then you havent already.

I've given up...I emailed them back in April and the guy who is the executive director emailed me back and said "VERY VERY SOON"...it was in all caps.

Maybe they're busy and haven't had time to update their site with it. Or there's some liscensing issues with their artist or Visa...who knows?

what is the song playing in the background with the man saying life takes ambition, life takes courage ect.?

well, FINALLY, the song is available in itunes. You can hear it on mophonics.com. Click on the 'music' link, the song is called "Better of You (Life Takes Mix)"-Joey Ryan. It has singing in it though, and the music is kinda faint: (

They definately just added the vocals after the commercial was released. This is really fishy. since the singing sucks (really, really, really bad). But, good work... two years after my initial request

Originally posted by becky@Mar 30 2007, 11:36 PM
well, FINALLY, the song is available in itunes. You can hear it on mophonics.com. Click on the 'music' link, the song is called "Better of You (Life Takes Mix)"-Joey Ryan
The song "Better of You (Life Takes Mix)" is on their site (within their media player), but I don't see it listed at their iTunes link.

Back