Recommendations, please?

metahari

Reaction score
I'm working on a term project for a course I'm taking, and I have to set a series of information/videos/pictures to music, but I've completely blanked when it comes to the music. Really the only requirement is that the music is of decent length (3-5 minutes) and has lyrics that are in some way traceable to the topics being covering (i.e. body image, beauty ideals, cosmetic surgery and how the media is involved).

I've seen some of the other completed projects already, and, not that I would even consider using these in the first place, there has been an overkill of songs like that annoying "Barbie Girl" song, as well as a number of songs by Christina Aguilera and Destiny's Child so I'd prefer to stay far from that. Unfortunately I'm not feeling very creative right now, and all I could come up with was a list of songs by Hole. I kind of want to avoid anything too loud & distracting, so I was thinking along the lines of something sounding like Hooverphonic or Portishead; something I could imagine hearing in a commercial for Nip/Tuck (I can't use the theme song for this, by the way, but it would have worked quite well).

I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thanks so much, and sorry for the long post!

Hey, sounds like a GREAT project, i hope you get a good grade on it, sounds interesting.

some good songs that might be interesting to use/might work are;

Camera- by the Editors
The Way We Get By - by Spoon
I Want You So Hard - by Eagles of Death Metal
Kiss the Devil - by Eagles of Death Metal
**if lyrics arent important a very synicl (sp?) sounding song if a few lyrics is;
Dont Save Us From The Flames - by M83
A Beautiful Lie - 30 Seconds to Mars
Lets Get Retarded - Black Eyed Peas (might work depending on your angle)
Save My Soul - by Everlast
Better do Better - by Hard Fi
Tell Me That Your Alright - Motion City Soundtrack
Im Not Okay - My Chemical Romance

Hopefully one of those songs will work okay for ya, im sure none of them are exactly "the song" for the project but if none of them work good atleat it might help to brainstorm for somthing better. Any way, goodluck on your project, i hope it works out well.

Ciao!

Daniel Powter - Bad Day
Teardrop - Massive Attack
Politik- Coldplay
Inside of Love - Nada Surf
Money - Pink Floyd
I Dare You To Move - Switchfoot
most anything by U2
I'm just picking these because either I like them alot and/or they actually are about something.

A couple of songs come to mind:

"Unpretty" - TLC
"Know Your Onion!" - The Shins

Back