Need help with some mixes....

thesassycynic

Pro Member
Reaction score
Hey, guys, the title really says it all. Summer dance is starting in two weeks, and I need some help putting these mixes together. I'm the best teacher in the world cause I make my kids dance to everything from 80's pop to new rock to oldies to classical to metal. Hahaha. So yeah, I'm looking for your favorite classic rock hits and your favorite 80's metal hits. Here's what I got so far:

Classic rock (I know not all of it is considered "classic" rock):

Love in an elevator
Livin’ on the edge
Refugee
I won’t back down
Learning to fly
Brown sugar
Start me up
Satisfaction
Jumpin' Jack Flash
White Room
Hush
Mama Told Me (Not To Come)
Joy To The World
Go Your Own Way
Life In The Fast Lane
You May Be Right
It's Still Rock And Roll To Me
Listen To The Music
Jessica
Fire
My generation
Immigrant Song

80's Metal (I should have more here, but remember, I teach KIDS):

Welcome To The Jungle
Paradise City
Nothin' But A Good Time

Thanks for your input!!!!! :D

Ok you need:

80's
Final Countdown by Europe
Come on Feel the Noise by Quiet Riot
Cruel Summer by Bananarama
Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics
Rock Me Amadeus by Falco
We Got the Beat by Go Go's
You've Got Another Thing Coming by Judas Priest
Beat It by Micheal Jackson
Billy Jean by Micheal Jackson
Thriller by Michael Jackson
Working for the Weekend by Loverboy
Round & Round by Ratt
Youth Gone Wild by Skid Row
Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks
Shout by Tears for Fears
One Thing Leads to Another by The Fixx
She Blinded Me with Science by Thomas Dolby
We're Not Going to Take It by Twisted Sister
Jump by Van Halen
Everybody Have Fun Tonight by Wang Chung
And the Beat Goes On by Whispers

i know... i saw them when they first came on to the scene in an opening act, but i can not remember the name of the band that they opened for. also Dokken kicked ass when they opened for FAG billy squier and when squier came out on stage they got booed and squier had to threaten to cancel the rest of the show if we did not quit booing his band.

Haha, I saw Dokken too, Don was soooo drunk, it was still pretty good though.

Thanks, Garret! I definitely added quite a few of the ones you listed after I made my original list. I'm trying to stay away from the 80's pop (like Thomas Dolby and Wang Chung), as my kids are getting sick of me playing 80's all the time. Haha. I've got soooo many 80's pop mixes.....anyway, thanks for your input. I was definitely leaving out Ratt and Skid Row. I did remember "Summertime Girls" by Y&T and "The Zoo" by Scorpions. ;)

How about Metallica? Enter Sandman?? B)

Also - Queen, The Who, David Bowie, AC/DC, Lep Zeppelin..

My favorite Metallica song. :wub: And I totally skipped over AC/DC. Losing my mind....

Have you thought of making an actual dance mix, like what they would play in clubs? Because I'm extremely knowledgeable in that area.

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@Jun 7 2007, 02:24 PM
Have you thought of making an actual dance mix, like what they would play in clubs? Because I'm extremely knowledgeable in that area.
I've got an 80's dance mix and a 90's dance mix, but I don't have like a current one. I can't use a majority of the new music because it's full of cursing or the lyrics are just too suggestive without being outright curse words.

Ok I'll check in since no one has mentioned ultimate 80s band...............

Def Leppard - Pyromania, Photograph, Aemageddon It, Love Bites, Bringin On The Heartache, Hysteria, Pour Some Sugar On Me and...........

ROCK OF AGES

Originally posted by thesassycynic+Jun 7 2007, 01:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thesassycynic @ Jun 7 2007, 01:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bloodlessr@Jun 7 2007, 02:24 PM
I've got an 80's dance mix and a 90's dance mix, but I don't have like a current one. I can't use a majority of the new music because it's full of cursing or the lyrics are just too suggestive without being outright curse words. [/b][/quote]
Ok, not dance I guess, but what dj's play. There usually isn't much vocals, therefore no offensive lyrics. If you are interested, hit me up.

Any other last minute additions to my mixes? Classes start back on Monday, so I'm gonna be making the CDs this weekend. Thanks, all!

Did anyone say Rock You Like a Hurricane and No One Like You by the Scorpions? Here I Go Again and Children of the Night by White Snake. Seventeen by Winger.

Back