Name that (Christmas) tune

RYJAY

Reaction score
Okay, here goes...

I'm not sure of the advertiser...possibly Bell
I'm not sure of the timeline...i think it was 2 years ago

What i do know is...a christmas ad ran and it played what i thought was an incredible song in the background...

I identified the song from the lyrics 2 years ago..but now have lost it again...

The lyrics seemed nice...the 30 second spot only played the first verse..but the song was actually kind of odd...

I thought it was crosby stills nash and young...but even that doesn't seem right...

Obviously...a search of the internet has tunred up NOTHING...
i mean...i have nothing to go on...but...maybe one of you guys will know just what i'im talking about and be able to name it...

so...if you have ANY idea what i'm talking about...
any guesses are welcomed.

thanks in advance...

RJ

Emerson, Lake and Palmer - I believe in Father Christmas

Sorry to waste yor time/

:)

It's true that the original (and best as far as I'm concerned) was a Greg Lake solo single only available as the vinyl 45 released in 1974 for more than twenty years. However, the group did a remake released on Works: vol 2 where they substituted synthesizers for the choir and orchestra (dreadful :p ) I was obsessed with obtaining the original in the early '90s (trying to record it off the radio if I had to - calling the local stations ...) and a very kind DJ I met on the internet finally took pity on me and sent me a copy made from his air-play recording. :woo:
Since that time they have come to their senses and released the original on CD

Back