Modern College party song

rjay8604

Advanced Member
Reaction score
Ok I once heard this song at Joe's brewery in Urbana near U of Ill. It is a very "collegy" song. Upbeat, bar type rock song. The main memorable part is the La la la-la-la repeating theme. This La la la-la-la theme is highly reminiscent of Grass roots-Let's live for Today (Hear it Here). It is definitely like a white-guy band and kind of a white-guy type of song. Thanks-a-lot homies.

Is it "Around The World (La La La La La)" by A Touch of Class?

Originally posted by neo979@Oct 20 2008, 11:30 AM
Is it "Around The World (La La La La La)" by A Touch of Class?

It is definitely like a white-guy band and kind of a white-guy type of song.

:huh:

Maybe it's "Kiss Him Goodbye" by Steam

:blink:

So I guess you're saying you disagree with my answer... I'm not sure exactly what the OP meant by "a white-guy band and kind of a white-guy type of song," but I don't think that necessarily means "male lead vocalist." ATC does have a white guy in their band, and there are also plenty of white guys who like the band. :)

Of course, if they were in fact looking for a male vocalist, my answer would indeed be wrong. There are lots of "la la la la la" songs, but for some reason the ones I can think of are mostly by female vocalists ("Milkshake" and "La La" come to mind...).

I think "Kiss Him Goodbye" is mostly "na na na"s rather than "la la la"s... but if that's what they were looking for, so be it.

ok guys thanks for the help, i found it. It's Rehab - Bartender Song

Of all the things you would remember from that song, you only remembered the "la la la"'s? Crazy.... :blink:

Back