Mazda Protege

princessbrooke

Reaction score
I have looked everywhere on this site and others for months to no avail. I don't know the car ad or the song,possibly mitsubishi? The song is a mans voice talk/singing and goes something like this" Pamela,she liked to dance while wearing leather biker boots" and just continued on with girls names and a tidbit about them. i am sorry if I am no help at all, hope somebody can figure it out. It is a real song as I had it on a tape about 18 years ago. :( It had tall cubist/blocky buildings in it too. Yeah big help,I know

Haven't seen the ad... but it sounds like:

"88 Lines About 44 Women" by The Nails

I remember about 4 or 5 years ago Mazda had a commercial for the new Protege which was geared for the hip/stylish crowd. The slogan was "Get In. Be Moved." Music was very upbeat and it had some guy kinda rapping about 4 differnt ppl and their life styles, while the visuals were CG animated with morphing scenes.

All i remember was the lyrics: "(Name) lived in cyberspace, backslash dot-com all day long..."

Anyone remember this ad and the name of the song??

i think i remember the ad... don't recall the music though... :unsure:

I remember that commercial and I love that song. It's called 88 Lines about 44 Women. There are a few different versions and I'm not really sure who did that one.

The original version of the song was by The Nails. Don't recall if that was the version on the commercial, though...

I remember faintly during the late 90s or early 2000 there was a car commercial with a really catchy tune. My memory is kinda faint but I remember the car was driving around on a strange street with these stacked blocks with peoples faces on them (sorta like weird TV screens). The car was avoiding these sometimes falling blocks and it was either a Japanese car or a VW. THe music was incrediably catchy and upbeat popish but i don't know the lyrics. But the male singer was singing about different ppl with different names which i believe were his friend/colleuges and he had a sorta deep voice. Some help in identifying the song and car would be greatly appreciated! Thx!

No it's not a mambo. The guy sings names but he also gives a short description of what the people are doing before going to the next name. Sry I can't be more specific cuz that's all I really remember.

Well it was just a guess.

Now that I think about it though, he does describe the girls he mentions. These are some lyrics:

A little bit of Tina is what I see
A little bit of Sandra in the sun
A little bit of Mary all night long
A little bit of Jessica here I am

I know it's a total longshot.

I don't live in Canada, but I'm sure someone on this board will be able to help you.

I downloaded the song earlier and mambo #5 definitely wasn't it. I remember that the commercial had these giant TV like cubes with ppl in them. The car was driving around these stacked cubes w/ ppl's faces in them and was picking up other ppl i think. I know it kinda sounds weird but this the best description I can recall. Can anyone else come up with a song where people are named that's not mambo # 5? Thx alot!

Now I'm determined to find this song since it's definitely not Mambo #5 (even though it fit the description pretty well).

I did some searching and came up with this song - 88 Lines about 44 Women by the Nails. I listened to that version and a version by They Might Be Giants. Both sounded exactly the same, so one might've been mislabled. This song certainly fits the bill. Low voice, strong beat, kinda catchy. Could that be it?

If not, do you remember any of the names the guy sang about? Or if they were all men, all women, or both? That might help identify it.

OMFG Kann! You are a god! Just when I thought this post was dead you find the song I had I mind! I can finally die in peace! I really don't care what the commercial was anymorebut it would be nice to know. Words cannot begin to express my gratitude towards you! Man, how did you figure it out? Man, you adtunes forum guys truly transcend humanity.THANKS ALOT!

Ahh! Thank you so much! After I led you down the wrong path twice, I felt bad and had to find the song for you. What's funny is I'm usually the one asking questions, not answering them lol. There are some amazing song-finders at this forum.

I believe the commercial was for a VW like you said.

Thank you for the kind words and you're welcome for the song. :)

Remember that car commercial from 1999, I think it was Mazda? The lyrics went:

Charlie works in cyberspace, backslash dot com all day long.
Pamela, she couldn't sing, but kept a beat and kept it strong.

Does anyone know where to find this song, or even a video of the original ad?

Back