lately

Scythe

Pro Member
Reaction score
lately ive been feeling...i dunno

its like i dont want anything, dont care about anything, i get bored with everything, ...

myspace managed to interest me for a while but seeing as the few real friends i have hate computers, thats out of the window...meh

anyway, i just wanted to say that :(

dont feel like it lol

(on another note ive been listening to the same 4 songs since wednesday)

nope

but dont give me any ideas

btw ive been known to be very rude like this so

Originally posted by Scythe@Jan 22 2006, 09:24 AM

its like i dont want anything, dont care about anything, i get bored with everything, ...

myspace managed to interest me for a while but seeing as the few real friends i have hate computers, thats out of the window...meh

Yeah, I know how you feel. I get like that a lot. I wish I could give you some advice, but...well....I don't have anything, lol.

Originally posted by drizzt_fan14+Jan 22 2006, 07:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (drizzt_fan14 @ Jan 22 2006, 07:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scythe@Jan 22 2006, 09:24 AM

Yeah, I know how you feel. I get like that a lot. I wish I could give you some advice, but...well....I don't have anything, lol. [/b][/quote]
:lol: thanks i hope it helps lol

:lol:

When I get all depressed like that, I just browse the internet to keep my mind occupied, or play a video game or read good book.

If I'm having a really bad day, I listen to depressing music. but that usually makes it worse. :unsure:

Originally posted by drizzt_fan14@Jan 22 2006, 08:02 PM
:lol:

When I get all depressed like that, I just browse the internet to keep my mind occupied, or play a video game or read good book.

If I'm having a really bad day, I listen to depressing music. but that usually makes it worse. :unsure:
*stops windows media playze*

:unsure:

Originally posted by drizzt_fan14@Jan 22 2006, 08:08 PM
try listening to Walk With Me by Seven in the Sun, that's a happy song. :)
downloading as we speak

i amready tried sunshine lollipops and rainbows and happy happy joy joy too

Originally posted by Scythe@Jan 22 2006, 01:13 PM
sunshine lollipops and rainbows
What was the significance of this song? I know there was something because every time I hear it I think of you but I forget, did you ask about it one time or something?

Originally posted by Scythe+Jan 22 2006, 10:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Scythe @ Jan 22 2006, 10:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-drizzt_fan14@Jan 22 2006, 08:08 PM
try listening to Walk With Me by Seven in the Sun, that's a happy song. :)
downloading as we speak

i amready tried sunshine lollipops and rainbows and happy happy joy joy too [/b][/quote]
I think happy happy joy joy will replace your boredom with insanity. :unsure:

Originally posted by dascoot+Jan 22 2006, 01:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dascoot @ Jan 22 2006, 01:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scythe@Jan 22 2006, 01:13 PM
sunshine lollipops and rainbows
What was the significance of this song? I know there was something because every time I hear it I think of you but I forget, did you ask about it one time or something? [/b][/quote]
it's the greatest cop chase song of all time :p

Kenneth, when I get like this, I read articles/ biographies about my heroes. Or stories about great human achievements. Gets me all pumped up. :)

Another trick is to listen to music. When you are depressed, listen to sad music first, ones you can relate to at the moment. Then slowly changing the mood. And always, end with something by Guns N Roses.

I was in the same boat the other day too. Depressed, sick of everything, lazy, uninspired, bored. What I did is went for a walk outside. Nevermind that it's frickin freezing outside, put a warm jacket on and go for a walk. I even brought a camera with in case I saw something cool. Go someplace really quiet that doesn't take much physical effort to get around, and just let your mind drift. Get some fresh air. It cured me :)

Originally posted by cultclassic@Jan 22 2006, 02:11 PM
Haha true.

A few years ago if I'd read what Ravi said there ^ about heroes and human achievements I woulda thought it sounded sorta cliche - sorry babycakes, no offence intended - but then if you just gloss over the idea without thinking about it, it would seem like something my very pert mother would say. She has no real grasp of the concept of depression.

But he's so right. Seriously, watch The Discovery Channel if you have it.

Lately for me, working on a family tree has been helping get me through the worst parts of depression too.. somehow looking back over the generations and learning about the people that begat me and how hard they worked and the sacrifices they made for their families to ensure that I would be here today makes me appreciate life more. Sorta.. makes me want to work harder to.. iunno, make them proud. God that sounds trite. Anyway.

aww you guys care-i mean, eh, thanks

the walk thing...ill do it next time, walking with my eyes closed and nothing but my mp3-player will do me a world of good im sure, but its kinda late for that. and though i find walks more relaxing when its dark, i have school tomorrow

so ill just have to do with the mp3 player

next week has very little school so ill be all happy by the weekend

Originally posted by Scythe@Jan 22 2006, 11:35 AM
aww you guys care-i mean, eh, thanks

the walk thing...ill do it next time, walking with my eyes closed and nothing but my mp3-player will do me a world of good im sure, but its kinda late for that. and though i find walks more relaxing when its dark, i have school tomorrow

so ill just have to do with the mp3 player

next week has very little school so ill be all happy by the weekend
might not wanna walk with your eyes closed though, you might get run over or something. :)

Originally posted by dascoot+Jan 22 2006, 02:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dascoot @ Jan 22 2006, 02:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cultclassic@Jan 22 2006, 02:11 PM
Haha true.

A few years ago if I'd read what Ravi said there ^ about heroes and human achievements I woulda thought it sounded sorta cliche - sorry babycakes, no offence intended - but then if you just gloss over the idea without thinking about it, it would seem like something my very pert mother would say. She has no real grasp of the concept of depression.

But he's so right. Seriously, watch The Discovery Channel if you have it.

Lately for me, working on a family tree has been helping get me through the worst parts of depression too.. somehow looking back over the generations and learning about the people that begat me and how hard they worked and the sacrifices they made for their families to ensure that I would be here today makes me appreciate life more. Sorta.. makes me want to work harder to.. iunno, make them proud. God that sounds trite. Anyway. [/b][/quote]
That reminds me of the best argument against suicide that I have ever heard. It's a three sentence dialogue in the Chaplin movie Limelight ... No, I won't say it here. Rent the movie. It's awesome.

Back