Glee Season 1

evansls

Reaction score
in the new tv show, glee, that aired after american idol tonight, there was a very soft piano instrumental tune that was playing in the background when Will Schuester (the glee teacher) was talking to Emma Pillsbury (the other teacher / red hair) about his passion for singing after she showed him his old video tape. I've heard the instrumental song before in many movies and it's been until now that I really wanted to know where I can find it... i'll see if I can record the clip from the show and share it here to help identify the instrumental song in case anyone else needs to hear it first.

Re: Glee

Just wanted to post a quick note that two songs from the Glee soundtrack were just posted to iTunes:
Don't Stop Believin'
by Glee Cast

Download from
Rehab
by Glee Cast

Download from

there was a very soft piano instrumental tune that was playing in the background when Will Schuester (the glee teacher) was talking to Emma Pillsbury (the other teacher / red hair) about his passion for singing after she showed him his old video tape.
Looking Back
by Kerry Muzzey

Download from Amazon

JCA - You rock! THANK YOU for sharing the name.

Evan

I am a big Kerry Muzzey fan, and I **KNEW** that piano music was familiar!!! It's called "Looking Back" and is available on iTunes on his album called "Home Movies." It's really haunting and poignant.

Will

Glee 9/30/09 - Heart Of Glass

In tonight's episode of Glee (1x05, aired 9/30/09) there is a cover of the song "Heart Of Glass", originally by Blondie, playing in the background as the main lead guy goes to visit Kristin Chenoweth. It's a cool cover, and I am wondering who it is. Any help?

Re: Glee 9/30/09 - Heart Of Glass

Hey alaskajoe...I believe it's by Nouvelle Vague :)

Glee Piano Song

During episode six when mr schuester is talking to emma there is a sad piano song in the background it always plays at the beginning of episode seven when mr schuester is talking to finn after they had the sonogram for the baby. the only piano song i know in glee is looking back but i am positive this isn't that song

I think that piano music you're talking about is just original score for the show (show composer is James Levine, who also composes for NipTuck). I don't think we heard "Looking Back" in the last few episodes of Season 1... actually I kinda missed it, especially in that finale episode. It would've been perrrfect in the cafeteria with Will & Emma at the end!

Glee

Hey,

Does anyone know the song that plays in the background of episode 16 (Home) when Mercedes is talking to Quinn in the nurses office?

Does anyone know the instrumental song that plays when New Directions loses to Vocal Adrenaline in the season finale?
The song also plays when Sue talks to Mr. Shue about why Oral Intensity won over New Directions.
Thanks!

Does anyone know the instrumental song that plays when New Directions loses to Vocal Adrenaline in the season finale?
The song also plays when Sue talks to Mr. Shue about why Oral Intensity won over New Directions.
Thanks!
Do you mean the music with the drum beats? Sounds like music composed just for the show.

I WANT TO KNOW THAT SONG TOO.

@JCA - no its just a piano song, no drumbeats at all. but i'm not sure about the "music for the show" because i think i've heard it played in movies too.

hi guys

does anyone know the song playing in the background in the glee ep 18 where kurt and brittany are making out? the song comes on at around 22 minutes of the "Laryngitis" episode and im pretty sure the song is in french. or at least it sounds french.

Hi, I am hoping someone will be able to help with this one! In the Glee episode Hell-o there is a soft instrumental piano track playing in the background when Will Schuester is talking to Emma in her office towards the end of the program. Emma is telling Will that he is not over Terry (his ex wife) and that he needs to take time to be alone and then she asks him to leave so she can cry! During that scene there is a really lovely instrumental in the background that I think was also played previously in that episode, it starts off a little bit like Led Zepplins - babe I'm gonna leave you (piano version) but its not that. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

T :)

hi guys

does anyone know the song playing in the background in the glee ep 18 where kurt and brittany are making out? the song comes on at around 22 minutes of the "Laryngitis" episode and im pretty sure the song is in french. or at least it sounds french.

This is :

Janet Seidel - A Man And A Woman (Un Homme Et Une Femme)

And yes it's a french speaking/singing/sounding song from the 1996 Claude Lelouche movie (http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Un_homme_et_une_femme).

By the way, this version is a cover, not the original soundtrack version.

Hi, I am hoping someone will be able to help with this one! In the Glee episode Hell-o there is a soft instrumental piano track playing in the background when Will Schuester is talking to Emma in her office towards the end of the program. Emma is telling Will that he is not over Terry (his ex wife) and that he needs to take time to be alone and then she asks him to leave so she can cry! During that scene there is a really lovely instrumental in the background that I think was also played previously in that episode, it starts off a little bit like Led Zepplins - babe I'm gonna leave you (piano version) but its not that. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

T :)

I'm pretty sure that's "Looking Back" by Kerry Muzzey, it's been used many times throughout the show as Will and Emma's theme. Here's his website: http://kerrymuzzey.com/ click on Audio then a window appears and if you scroll down through the list you can listen to the song.

Does anyone know the song that plays in the background of episode 16 (Home) when Mercedes is talking to Quinn in the nurses office?

Back