GE Healthcare

seiryuu

Reaction score
There was this one commercial, its song was a woman singing acapella. I can't remember the product, but there was narration about "we've all heard a woman's comforting voice as a source of comfort" or something more gramatically correct. Thanks for any help.

Has anyone figured this song out yet? I've found the link for the commercial online here:

http://www.ge.com/en/company/companyinfo/a...ay_video_04.htm

This song is driving me nuts. It's one of those that everyone who hears it says, "I know that song!" I just can't for the life of me remember the name of it. Everyone I've shown it to can just almost hear the lyrics to the song in their head, but not one of them has been able to come up with an exact line or the name of this song. Anyone got any ideas? I've been researching this for quite a while.

Possible lyrics:

"Live our lives as one"

"The sun will rise once more"

"Carve our names in stone"

I stress that these are NOT the lyrics, but they seem to come to mind when hearing this song. Please, someone help with this one. It's absoultely driving me mad that I can't remember the name of this song. ;)

Thanks

Got a response from the ad agency (BBDO) saying it's an original piece written for the commercial by Mary Wood / Susan Calloway and sung by Susan Calloway.

Then whoever wrote the piece ripped off or covered another artist's work. It's totally a tune from a real song. Everyone I've shown it to says they know it and agree that there are lyrics to the song. It may not be exactly note-for-note a copy of the song it's similar to, but it's close enough that there would arguably be a piece that inspired it.

Most likely, the response from the ad agency is simply stating that the piece is original for that commercial because it is obviously not the original song that everyone says it sounds like. Basically it's a cover. There was no doubt of that as I've never heard the song done without lyrics.

Now if someone can just identify what song it's a cover of. It's driving me nuts that I can't remember what it is. :angry:

Ok, I think I've identified the song that this one is imitating. It's very very similar. I won't be able to tell for sure till I get a copy of the song to listen to. I believe the song sounds like "Never A Time" by Genesis from the alubum "We Can't Dance".

Back