- Reaction score
I always get tons of emails and then wonder if half of them are even true. So I started this thread to post this email and see if anyone else has received this and if anyone knows if it's actually true or not.
Received from a friend who is in the property
insurance business. It is well worth reading. This is
one of those e-mails that if you didn't send it, rest
assured someone on your list will suffer for not
reading it. The original message was written by a lady whose brother
and his wife learned a hard lesson this past week.
Their house burned down.. ..nothing left but ashes.
They have good insurance so the house will be replaced
and most of the contents. That is the good news.
However, they were sick when they found out the cause
of the fire. The insurance investigator sifted through
the ashes for several hours. He had the cause of the
fire traced to the master bathroom. He asked her
sister-in-law what she had plugged in the bathroom.
She listed the normal things....curling iron, blow
dryer. He kept saying to her, "No, this would be
something that would disintegrate at high
temperatures". Then her sister-in-law remembered she
had a Glade Plug-In, in the bathroom.
The investigator had one of those "Aha" moments. He
said that was the cause of the fire. He said he has
seen more house fires started with the plug-in type
room fresheners than anything else. He said the
plastic they are made from is THIN plastic. He also
said that in every case there was nothing left to
prove that it even existed.
When the investigator looked in the wall plug, the two
prongs left from the plug-in were still in there. Her sister-in-law
had one of the plug-ins that had a small night light built in it. She said she
had noticed that the light would dim and then finally go out. She would
walk in to the bathroom a few hours later, and the light would be back on
again. The investigator said that the unit was getting too hot, and would dim and
go out rather than just blow the light bulb. Once it cooled down it would
come back on.
That is a warning sign . The investigator said he
personally wouldn't have any type of plug in fragrance
device anywhere in his house. He has seen too many
places that have been burned down due to them.
PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS
BOOK. NOT ONLY COULD IT SAVE SOMEONE'S HOUSE, BUT IT
COULD SAVE SOMEONE'S LIFE