CBC Intelligence

koston

Reaction score
hi,

there was a commercial i saw today on CBC. it was while i was watching the simpsons. the commercial had some music in the background with a female vocals while it showed some clips of these people and in the corner it would say.. the director... the rat.. the entrepreneur.. the theif... the inside man...and so on.
i believe it was for a show called intelligence. but i'm not so sure if i see the commerical again i'll be sure to add on to this post.
so if anyone has seen this commercial and knows the song that is played. please let me know. for some reason it kinda sounds like the girl from yeah yeah yeahs but i could be totally wrong of course.

thanks in advance! =)

cheers

i seen the commercial again and i was able to catch some of the lyrics..

"watch me walking under the sun"

thats all i got. it was the first line i believe

i got more of the lyrics..

so it goes....

"watch me walking under the sun i am trying to come around"
"wondering if it is to you that to you i am bound"

thats all i got so far. anyone know so far?!?!?!? i've tried to google the lyrics but i can't find anything.

I heard that song, and it's now stuck in my head. It was on an ad for the made-for-tv movie "Intelligence." I checked the official website for the movie, and it said the movie's composer's name is Shaun Tozer. Unfortunately, when I google his name I can't find any of his songs. Hopefully someone else will have better luck, and find the name of this song.

I'm not really having any luck trying to figure this out... Come on people!

EDIT:

Originally posted by Campbell
I checked the official website for the movie, and it said the movie's composer's name is Shaun Tozer.
I'm also having trouble finding the official website for Intelligence... Mind giving us the URL?

I read something on some German website (I translated it with Babel Fish) about a "Shaun Tozer" writing a song called "Gun Love." Now I'm not sure that this is the same Shaun Tozer, and I can't seem to find the song anywhere.
That's about all I've found in all the time I spent looking for....well, anything. Sorry.

I neeed to the know the reggaeish track that plays during the promo for the tv movie Intelligence that airs on CBC here in Canada. PS its airing tonight at 8pm!

I emailed the CBC audience dept to see if I could get to the bottom of this. I'll keep the board up to date of course.

Damn... I was hoping you'd get some useful information. <_<

I was thinking that they may have just created the song just for the commercial. But I could be wrong.

Guys I've been following the discussion for a while now and I also searched the net for that song......without any luck.....

And ya, I do believe that the song was used only for that trailer... A one time kind of thing, 'cause on the official website it doesn't even exist!

But I hope you get a reply from CBC.

Keep us up to date
LAter

Got response!! Kudos to the producers for the quickness......copy paste shazam..

"The partial answer is this. The promos were originally cut to a song called
'Bongo Bong' by the artist Manu Chao. Everyone loved the song, but alas, this
being Canadian television, it was far too expensive to pay for the rights to
use it. So the CBC promotions department made the new music which is, I
suppose the polite way to put it would be "inspired by" the Manu Chao song. If
you can find Bongo Bong, you won't be disappointed.

As far as I know, the music from the promos was only that - music for the
promos. So I don't think it's available anywhere else. I do have a call in to
promotions at the CBC though to find out for sure and I'll email you again with
my findings."

BTW, let CBC know through intelligencetv.com how much you liked the movie/pilot so it can be turned into a series...how nice would that be? I have to find this track now.....peace

Hey,

You ALL want this, here it is!!!!!!

My reply from CBC as follows:

"The music used in the Intelligence promos comes from a disk entitled
'Hola!
Urban Latin Pop & Hip Hop' Cut #4 'Je ne Sais Pas' - the CD states all
tracks
composed by Cinzia Donti & Isabella Colliva. Not sure about the vocals.
The
promo producer doesn't think the disk is available in stores. It was
located in
our library but he says it's stock music used by the industry.
Hope that helps."

I don't know how much help that is, but at least now you have a title
to search
for.

Best regards,

Anthony Grani."

Back