Bisquick blueberry pancakes

fgsweetdog

Reaction score
Who sings the song on the Bisquick blueberry pancake commercial? It is HORRIBLE! The woman can't carry a tune.

Re: Bisquick song

I'm so happy I saw this post. Every time I hear that Bisquick "Blueberry Pancakes" song, I cringe. How in the WORLD did someone - anyone - allow that song to be used (and CONTINUE to be used)? I don't get it. I don't know the singer and I'm not about bashing people, but the song is so flat that it is like nails on a blackboard. The ad execs should have removed this song. I know commercials are extremely expensive to produce, but I can't help but think that Bisquick is losing money because of that song. Every time I see Bisquick in the store I think of that song....and won't pick up the box!
:eek:

I was so stunned by that horrible song that I Googled "Bisquick ad singer tone-deaf," and wound up here. How on earth did that woman wind up singing in a commercial?? She must be some Bisquick executive's wife, daughter, niece, etc. Hey, if she's blood-related, maybe tone-deafness runs in the family! Yikes! I can't get to the mute button fast enough, when that commercial comes on.

Yowza!! That's one bad singer! At one point she hits such a sour note that I cringe whenever I hear it. I'd like to know the story behind this commercial and why the singer was chosen. It's a mystery!

I am so glad I happened across this thread, because that commercial is like a train wreck for me. I can't stand it and yet I freakishly have to watch it when it is on. I can't understand the purpose of that song at all. I guess that this woman is children's singer and apparently singing off key is appealing to little kids.

She's a childrens folk singer... What do you people expect. I'm in marketing and the song is very well suited to the ad.

I am so happy that there are other people out there who can't stand the "singer". She may be a children's "singer", but I can't imagine what child wants to hear that off key voice. Small children singing off key (Oscar Meyer song) is cute. In adults it just makes me wonder what good singer out there didn't get hired.

I am so happy that there are other people out there who can't stand the "singer". She may be a children's "singer", but I can't imagine what child wants to hear that off key voice. Small children singing off key (Oscar Meyer song) is cute. In adults it just makes me wonder what good singer out there didn't get hired.
DITTO!!! I HATE that commercial!!!! It's the singing. The way she pronounces "away." UGH!!! Drives me CRAZY!!!

I was so stunned by that horrible song that I Googled "Bisquick ad singer tone-deaf," and wound up here. How on earth did that woman wind up singing in a commercial?? She must be some Bisquick executive's wife, daughter, niece, etc. Hey, if she's blood-related, maybe tone-deafness runs in the family! Yikes! I can't get to the mute button fast enough, when that commercial comes on.
LOL!!! SAME HERE!!!

She's a childrens folk singer... What do you people expect. I'm in marketing and the song is very well suited to the ad.

I expect that if you work in marketing, you should use apostrophes as appropriate and you end your question with a question mark.

I also expect that the agency who is responsible for this absolute nightmare of a commercial will be fired once Bisquick catches on to all of this. Not that I ever liked Bisquick, but I definitely do not now!

I agree with everyone who has commented on the bisquick singer. She sounds like she's trying too hard to sound like Celine and failing miserably and if she is in fact a children story teller or song singer - she's not doing bisquick any favors. Also, I agree with the person who is not about people bashing, I am not about that either, just a fellow tv ad watcher and one who appreciates good ones-the marketing company that creates the Geico/Taco Bell ads rock!

LOL! I see I'm not the only one that cringes at the horrible singing on this commercial. How in the heck did Bisquick let this one slip by?! I can stomp on my cats tail and get a better tone than that! It just ain't right. Funny though.

Wow, I am happy that I am not alone in CRINGING everytime I hear that commercial... I read the link, and find it hard to believe that is song that has been made for children...

Don't want to trash anyone, but this is the MOST annoying thing I have ever heard... "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay" is off key too! OUCH!

Thanks for the info... I will NEVER buy Bisquick! Hope the folks at Bisquick feel it in their future revenues!

Thanks for letting me vent!!!

I use my mute function when this garbage starts, to avoid throwing a brick through my TV.

Back