2010 Winter Olympics Vancouver

Fennrysha

Reaction score
Does anyone know the music NBC used on the Olympics tonight (Feb. 12)? It was during the segment describing the relationship between the U.S. and Canada and, specifically, the portion about the Iranian hostage crisis.
Thanks.

Vancouver 2010 "Canada Welcomes The World"

Before the opening ceremony started the other night -- something like ~25 minutes or so into the scheduled slot -- NBC aired this video. Just amazing.

Does anyone know anything about the music used in that video? I'm trying to find out anything I can -- composer/studio, track titles, anything.

Re: Vancouver 2010 "Canada Welcomes The World"

I've been wondering the SAME THING! I listened to all of the 30 second previews on Amazon for the Olympics 2010 music but didn't recognize it. Can someone please help us out by identifying the piece of music playing in the background at the beginning of that video?

Music was by Thomas Newman, still trying to figure out what album it was.....
FWIW, there was a snippet or two from Newman's score for THE HORSE WHISPERER, but I'm not sure specifically about the music that underscored the Iranian hostage crisis segment.

Re: Vancouver 2010 "Canada Welcomes The World"

Before the opening ceremony started the other night -- something like ~25 minutes or so into the scheduled slot -- NBC aired this video. Just amazing.

Does anyone know anything about the music used in that video? I'm trying to find out anything I can -- composer/studio, track titles, anything.

Still looking for this; can't find much. Sent in an inquiry on NBCOlympics.com, not expecting it to be helpful though. For those not watching the video, this is that seven-minute promo beginning with the mention of George Vancouver's discovery; I've heard everything from Linkin Park to E.S. Posthumus in other promos aired so far, but I can't find out a thing about this one -- and each of the three or four pieces used there are amazing.

ETA: The mods merged my thread with this one, but I believe we're talking about different music. Any help on any of this would be appreciated; I'm batting a zero so far.

I believe that one of the song used in that montage was Drive Away from the Series of Unfortunate Events soundtrack by Thomas Newman

2010 Olympics Dale Begg Smith Song

It was featured in a small montage about him on Feb. 14 around 9:00 pm eastern time. I dont have a video but I know it featured some sort of marimba melody.
Thankyou

2010 Vancouver - Couples Skate(American Couple) song?

have heard it in many movie trailers. Any ideas?

Re: 2010 Vancouver - Couples Skate(American Couple) song?

have heard it in many movie trailers. Any ideas?

Evora and Ladwig? Yeah, I looked it up myself... beautiful little thing.

Try listening to the theme from "Love Actually" by Craig Armstrong (source). Amazon sample here, track #14 -- was that the one?

Vancouver 2010: Apolo Ohno montage (14 Feb, ~8:54p CST)

Looking for the name of the music playing during the Apolo Ohno montage that NBC aired from about 8:54-8:56p CST tonight. If anyone else recognized that, I'm all ears.

I believe that one of the song used in that montage was Drive Away from the Series of Unfortunate Events soundtrack by Thomas Newman

Yes, that was for the economic portion of the segment.

Vancouver 2010: "Canada Welcomes The World" Montage

About 20 or 25 minutes into the opening ceremony coverage on NBC, they aired this 7-minute montage beginning with the discovery of Vancouver, the geography, the history, and then moving on to Olympic notables and the like.

The video can be found here.

I'm trying to find out anything I can about any of the music used in that montage, especially the first two pieces (but I'd like all of them).

Music transitions at 2:08 and 4:03.

Anyone?

(Mods: with my thread having been merged with the other one about an entirely different opening sequence, my question is basically a hijack of his thread. Reposting here; hope you don't mind.)

2010 Winter Olympics Pairs Skating Short Program

What was the piece of music playing during the Zhang/Zhang pair's program? It was amazing.

Re: 2010 Winter Olympics Pairs Skating Short Program

It is Piano Fantasy by Maksim Mrvica - All of the skaters profiles on vancouver2010.com list their music selections.

Re: 2010 Olympics Dale Begg Smith Song

Segment used:
The Meters - Cissy Strut
Tyler Bates - Get Carter (Composed by Roy Budd)
Thomas Newman - Dead Already

Re: Vancouver 2010: Apolo Ohno montage (14 Feb, ~8:54p CST)

The title track from Sunshine by John Murphy.

Re: Vancouver 2010: Apolo Ohno montage (14 Feb, ~8:54p CST)

Looking for the name of the music playing during the Apolo Ohno montage that NBC aired from about 8:54-8:56p CST tonight. If anyone else recognized that, I'm all ears.

I'd like to know this, too.

Back