Vicks Dayquil Mucus Control

TicoMachi

Reaction score
There is this new dayquil commercial that always plays in two parts. The first part starts with a guy, and it shows him coughing in different places, and cheering while doing so, while playing only an instrumental version of the song, then it shows a bottle of vicks and says "getting rid of mucus, it's a beautiful thing". Then it always plays a second part of this right after, where the previously mentioned guy exits his house and sees another guy who coughs and then gives a thumbs up. This whole second part is playing the same song, only with lyrics. The only bit of the lyrics I made out was "no clocks to tell time" or something like that. The song has a female vocalist, and the the main instruments that I could hear were a ukulele (I think), and drums.

Re: Vicks Dayquil

I've been looking for this song forever, too. It's been driving me -mad-.

The most lyrics I've gotten so far are ".. No clocks to tell time, it's all lingering looks, and butterflies, don't know why, you can't see, the diamonds in the coal"

I think it may be a song by the band Pizzicato Five. The singer and the music sound very similar. I don't know what the song is called but I am looking. Find the song Baby Love Child by said band and see if you can see a similarity.

It is definitely not Pizzicato Five. The singers' voices are totally different.

I have a feeling the song was written specifically for the commercial since there's no info on it available anywhere.

The first line (not mentioned before) is "all/our? heads in the clouds." The last line, (not mentioned before) is "guess we all...," then it cuts off.

I hope we can get an answer on this, its driving me nuts! I emailed Vicks Canada, lets cross our fingers!

Ask and you shall receive. The song is "On My Way" by "Billy Boy on Poison". Enjoy!

Just got a response from Vick's, not much help:
Thanks for contacting Vicks Dayquil.

As much as I'd love to help, I don't have any information about the music used in our ads. Our advertising is done by outside agencies who select all the music..

Thanks again for taking the time to write.

Mary
Vicks Dayquil Team

Bummer...

You have no idea how much this song is driving me crazy, i neeeed to know what it is! Ive been google'ing it for like 2 weeks hoping for an update or something! why dayquil? whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!

Wow, thank you so much! I may not be able to download it from there or anything, but now I know the name of the song, who does it, AND I can still listen to it.

Back