Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2009

jca

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Tuesday night featured the annual CBS 2009 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show hosted by Heidi Klum (who recently adopted her husband Seal's last name and is now Heidi Samuel). In addition to her usual show hosting duties, Klum decided to walk the runway at the last minute, something unexpected since she gave birth to her fourth child just six weeks earlier:

"I felt great the night of the fashion show and decided last minute to walk. I'm proud of being the curvy model on the Victoria’s Secret stage."

This year's Victoria's Secret runway show broadcast was filmed at the Lexington Avenue Armory in New York, featuring a large V shaped glitter filled stage. The show was divided into five segments featuring a different theme: Star Trooper, All Aboard, Pink Planet, Enchanted Forest and Romantic Journey. As Victoria's Secret show stylist Charlotte Stockdale puts it:

"We came up with the idea of this girl who lands from outer space in Paris. She gets on a train that comes to a halt in Pinkland, where pink girls get on and off. Then they go into this fairy-tale forest and little lady bugs and butterflies land on them and vines grow up on their clothes. Then, there's Tick-Tock Time; the wings in this section are based on clocks -- there's one modeled after a pocket watch with metallic feathers. And she ends up in this regal realm of princess-ness, where the wings have Swarovski jewels and peacock feathers."

Live music performances featured two songs from the the Black Eyed Peas and the New York Global Singers performing with the Leona Lewis song "Happy".

Runway music for the show was produced by Jeremy Healy, who has held the title of Music Designer of the annual televised Victoria's Secret Fashion Show since 2001. For this year's Victoria's Secret TV show, Healy featured two Kings of Leon songs in runway mashups:

"Sex on Fire" by Kings of Leon remixed with "Message in a Bottle" by The Police

"Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon remixed with "It's the Same Old Song" by The Four Tops

Here is the music list of songs used in the 2009 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show:

The Battle from Gladiator by Hans Zimmer
Download from Amazon

Boom Boom Pow (Performance) by Black Eyed Peas
Download from Amazon

My Delirium by Ladyhawke
Download from Amazon

Ooh La La by Goldfrapp
Download from Amazon

1901 by Phoenix
Download from Amazon

Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon
Download from Amazon

Message in a Bottle by The Police
Download from Amazon

Sex Appeal by Barrie Gledden
Production track from Audio Network

Use Somebody by Kings of Leon
Download from Amazon

It's The Same Old Song by Four Tops
Download from Amazon

Heavy Cross by Gossip
Download from Amazon

Meet Me Halfway (Performance) by Black Eyed Peas
Download from Amazon

Don't Upset The Rhythm (Go Baby Go) by Noisettes
Download from Amazon

Bulletproof by La Roux
Download from Amazon

The Man Who Can't Be Moved by The Script
Download from Amazon

Happy by Leona Lewis
Download from Amazon

Untouched by The Veronicas
Download from Amazon

Discuss music used in the Victoria's Secret special in the 2009 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show thread in the Adtunes TV soundtracks forum.

Boom Boom Pow
by Black Eyed Peas

Download from Amazon

Meet Me Halfway
by Black Eyed Peas

Download from Amazon

Back