Mercedes-Benz Santa "Factory"

Tride

Reaction score
I was just watching the Colbert Report and I saw a new Mercedes Benz commercial featuring Santa Claus. It started off as a simple piano piece but progressed into a Christmas-y type of song. Does anyone happen to know what the song is?

What is really interesting is the big shot Mercedes-Benz company used the same music as in the bit shot Disney's Ocean's trailer.

If you watch the official trailer here: http://disney.go.com/disneynature/oceans/

You will hear the same music about 44 seconds into the trailer.

If I was a betting man, I would say it was composed by James Horner. It sounds similar to the music from Sneakers and A Beautiful Mind.

Yeah - it also sounds like Primavera by Ludovico Einaudi, but neither one is it....but it is on the Oceans Preview on their site....these rascals are known for using some newbie and out-there music/musicians which makes it a little more difficult....would LOVE to know who didi this.

....but it is on the Oceans Preview on their site....these rascals are known for using some newbie and out-there music/musicians which makes it a little more difficult....would LOVE to know who didi this.
Definitely not the Oceans preview music Disney used. While it sounds similar, it's not the same song. I've been searching hi and low myself, leaning toward Danny Elfman. Will let everyone know if I find it.

Too steadily coherent to be Elfman.

I want to say the music in the Disney "Oceans" is by Thomas Newman, but I doubt it. It's probably from the score by Bruno Coulais.

Re: Mercedes-Benz Santa "Factory" (SOLVED)

Found it! The answer was, freakishly enough, in the "3 Muscketeers mint" thread -- for which that commercial used the EXACT same piece; it's a production track:

This is a library track, so it's not available to the public for purchase or download - you can listen to it online as a guest at Extrememusic.com - the title is "Tinker Spell"

You can hear the whole cue (over two minutes) for free, in great sound.

Found it! The answer was, freakishly enough, in the "3 Muscketeers mint" thread -- for which that commercial used the EXACT same piece; it's a production track:

You can hear the whole cue (over two minutes) for free, in great sound.

Good find! Did you just happen to stumble on this?

I'm always interested in hearing potentially good TV commercial orchestral music, so sometimes I'll click into randomd threads and hoepto discover something new (or be able to answer a question).

:)

I think I found it. "Tinker Spell" by Stephen Andrew Rees. "How to Train Your Dragon" Soundtrack.

So glad to find this forum. Thought I was the only one who hears a random piece of music and just has to find out where it came from and can I download it. The minute I saw the Mercedes commercial I wanted to know and hear more. Glad someone found it but what really surprises me is that is in the How To Train Your Dragon soundtrack! I saw the movie and don't even remember it ... not like me at all. Thanks for all the info!

Can't find it on itunes. Do you have to pay for it on Extreme Music? Kinda reminds me of Thomas Newman ... the theme to Six Feet Under ... love him.

I think I found it. "Tinker Spell" by Stephen Andrew Rees. "How to Train Your Dragon" Soundtrack.
"Tinker Spell" is a piece of production music not available to the public. It was also used in the "How to Train Your Dragon" trailer, not the soundtrack.

Back