Displaying credits in TV commercials

Kre8ivLab

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed TVCs where they display the song credits, like a music video? Can you think of any examples? I know ABC does it for their program promos but I'm sure I've seen commercials too.

Yes i've noticed this too and wish it would be come more of a common occurence than not. ESPN tends to post the credits for songs during alot of their commercials/promos. ESPN is pretty much ABC's sports channel now. Some companies that have songs specifically made for their commercials and promos credit the song in the commercial and have a website where you can download the song for free.

If only automotive dealers, stores, and so forth, listed who did the music for every commercial they air -- would save us all a lot of time and angst.

If I was a band and or the creator of a studio track I would want my name out there for credit. The companies should be required to credit the artist throughout the commercials with the title/name of the artitist(s), song,company that created it in an upper or bottom corner of the tv screen sort of like how networks keep their logos on the screen throughout broadcasts etc. Radio broadcasts should state the same at the end of the commercial sort of like they do when they talk fast or have fine print in tv commercials.

I sure wish EVERYONE did it! I find it irritating that it's even hard to find out the name of the song you hear on the radio these days...when I can remember them always announing the name and artist after every song when I was younger! (guess I am showing my age) :)

tallblonde01

Back