Carrabba's Italian Grill

alexander.d

Reaction score
So, I've been looking for a certain piece of music for about five years now. I heard it as background to a pledge drive commercial on NPR five years ago, but it has no words, and once the pledge drive was over the commercial disappeared, so I was never able to find it. All I knew was what it sounded like.

Finally, though, it appeared on commercial that I was able to find online. It's the background in the "Carrabba's Classics" commercial on this page:

http://www.carrabbas.com/see-our-ads.aspx

It's that repeating syncopated piano theme, with sort of lilting strings in the background. If anyone has any tips, I'd really appreciate it.

Re: Carrabba's Classics

I've also been searching for this song for several years.... any help is much appreciated.

I am happy to say that I know the answer to your question. I wish more people knew this band because all of there music is excellent. They are...

The Penguin Cafe Orchestra...the song is..."Perpetuum Mobile"

As I said, their entire catalogue is amazing. If you like this song check out "Silver Star of Bologna" too. Go on youtube, they have them both.

Enjoy the tunes!

I am happy to say that I know the answer to your question. I wish more people knew this band because all of there music is excellent. They are...

As I said, their entire catalogue is amazing. If you like this song check out "Silver Star of Bologna" too. Go on youtube, they have them both.

Enjoy the tunes!

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.... Thank you!! I'm only casually acquainted with the Penguin Cafe Orchestra, so the thought never crossed my mind that it might be them..... It's been at least eight years that I've been searching for this answer .... I've written letters, emails, etc., even resorted to humming this to people, hoping someone would know. So, again, thank you.

Enjoy the tunes!

AMAZING! You are my hero! I have been searching for this song for five years now, convinced that I would get hit by a bus or something before finding it.

Thank you thank you thank you. I can't thank you enough!

thank you, thank you. i first heard this during an old united airlines ad in the early 90's and it would show up now and then just to torment me. i saw the carrabbas ad, and figured, just google it. that led me here, then to itunes, and now i have the song! 15 years in the works, but i have it.

I HAD to register for this website to say thank you. As another poster mentioned, this song was used in a United Airlines commercial nearly twenty years ago, and since then, I doubt even one week has gone by where I haven't hummed this song to myself in the shower at least one morning.
I do not think I could ever explain how grateful I am. I just happened to be watching ESPN when this Carrabba's commercial came on. I jumped up and ran to the computer to Google it, and this website came up. I am THRILLED beyond words, far beyond any rational response.
Besides the United Airlines commercial, it was also featured in a Hewlett-Packard commercial ten or so years ago. I still remember the first time I saw the UA commercial. It ran during the McGlaughlin Group (sp?) one Saturday evening. It has been stuck in my head since then. Like I said, about twenty years now. I have even gone so far as to email UA and HP in an attempt to get them to tell me what this song was. Needless to say, that never got me anywhere.
Thank you. I can die happy now.

I too have been searching for this song for a long period of time. Thank you for finding it. As a researcher at Howard High School, I do have a question for you that would be wonderful if you could answer in your free time.

Could you tell me what you think of when you hear this song in great depth in what your perception of everything is when hearing this song? Also if you could tell me what you excelled at when you were in school. For example Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, English, Social studies, fine arts, engineering: anything along the lines of those. Also if its not too personal if you could tell me your grades you would get or your GPA in high school. Thank you for your time all answers are greatly appreciated.

I also heard the music in the Carrabba's commercial and it has been going through my head ever since. I am so happy to finally have a name for it!
Does anyone know if this was used in a series of videos put out by D.C Heath to accompany the Spanish for Mastery books?

Thank you for the name of this music! I just wanted to add that it was featured in a movie that's named "Mary and Max". Interesting film and the music went incredibly well in it.
Thanks again!

Enjoy the tunes!
Thank you!! I've been wondering about this tune off and on ever since I heard it in a GE commercial 15?) years ago....

Thanks for the post. I've heard this song used in a documentary celebrating the 250th anniversary of Columbia University in 2004 on PBS, and I never found the music they used. I just saw the commercial for Carrabba's and it hit me it was the song used in the documentary.

Thank you!! I've been wondering about this tune off and on ever since I heard it in a GE commercial 15?) years ago....

If you're talking about the one that came on PBS just after the MacNeil/Lehrer News Hour, I remember it too. Although I'm pretty sure it was for Riggs Bank and not GE.

This is amazing. I've been looking for this song for about 7 years. First heard it in an American Experience documentary about the World Trade Center called The Center of the World. It's actually a great documentary. Thank goodness for Carrabbas. Never would have found I don't think without their commercial. What a nice surprise. Thank you!

Back