The Shift on Investigation Discovery

rebecca1128

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the song is in the new ID ads for the new season of "The Shift"? Almost sounds like Depeche Mode, partial lyrics are "Something is wrong, days that go long, dragging me down to my knees..."

HELP!!

AHHHH someone please let us know! I've been looking for that song since the commercial came out... it sounds so good. i cant figure it out... its definatly not Depeche Mode tho :(

This is ABSOLUTELY driving me nuts!!! I've never had so much difficulty figuring out a song! -especially w/ this much is the way of clues

- sounds a bit like depeche mode
-lyrics go something like "something is wrong, days that go on, dragging me down to my knees"
-plays a million times on discovery channels in the commercial for the new series "the shift"

neither shazaam nor midomi on iphone recognize it!!! :confused:

Here's the response I got from ID. THEY don't even know!:blink::

Dear Viewer,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Investigation Discovery. We
appreciate your interest in The Shift and are delighted to hear from our
viewers.

While our databases contain a great deal of information, unfortunately,
they do not contain information regarding the music used in our programs or
commercials. However, the music is usually listed in the show's opening or
closing credits. Also, we recommend directing your search to the Internet,
reviewing the discussion threads or posting your questions on the
discussion board on the Fansites section of our website.

Thank you again for expressing your interest in our programming.

Sincerely,

Viewer Relations
Investigation Discovery

AAAAAHHH!!!

I can't believe:

a) that this song is so cool and yet be an unknown!
b) that the collective consciousness of the internet is unable to find out what it is!!
c) that not even the producers know the name of the song!!!
d) that this Web site exists - I believe I have now seen everything!!!!
e) the number of steps I had to go through to register an account and leave this comment!!!!!

:cool:

Gah, it's driving me crazy as well! I've searched lyrics. I've just sent an email to the ID channel... We'll see if they reply, but it sounds as if they don't know and don't care. I'm hoping they'll care enough to find out if enough people ask! :(

Thanks to everyone for their effort on this! I doubt it will do any good to contact Discovery, since they were so unhelpful to me when I did, but it can't hurt. Someone HAS to know! Maybe even the band will contact us!

I still can't believe that "the internet" cannot figure this out....I've been searching FOREVER!

Thought I'd add this in case it helps...please pass it along to other forums...

This is Dave with Investigation Discovery . . . we are looking into this for you all and I will report back when I have more info. We are psyched that the promo for THE SHIFT caught your eyes (and ears!).

More to come - thanks
Dave

This is Dave with Investigation Discovery . . . we are looking into this for you all and I will report back when I have more info. We are psyched that the promo for THE SHIFT caught your eyes (and ears!).

More to come - thanks
Dave

Pretty excited about finding the juice. This has been stuck in my head since I first saw the commercial for the show!

It sounds like Peter, Bjorn, & John to me. Also, in a remote way, Ariel Pink. I'm going with P, B, & J. The song catches my ears every time I hear it and I've been struggling to figure out who it sounds like.

It sounds like Peter, Bjorn, & John to me. Also, in a remote way, Ariel Pink. I'm going with P, B, & J. The song catches my ears every time I hear it and I've been struggling to figure out who it sounds like.
This is what I've thought since the beginning. It definitely reminds me of Peter Bjorn and John. I've also had absolutely no luck figuring out what song this is.

so my first thought was gorillaz....no way! but now i'm thinking thats a pretty good suggestion- can't find it on any of there stuff online/on itunes though...but they do have some new tracks leaking (w/out lyrics though as far as i can tell). I'm hoping mr. discovery channel up there will get back to us (very excited about this!)- we're all waiting for you bud!!!!

p.s. pass along this vid if you haven't already- i think its the only record of our mystery song online and i'm really hoping it'll produce a comment/answer...

Joanna, I can understand why you thought Gorillaz, too. I really hope our ID guy comes through on this one! It shouldn't be this hard!!

I just joined the forum too just so I can subscribe to this thread because I need to know the name of that song!! I posted a link to the YouTube vid on my FB. I hope we hear something soon!!

its true "THE SHIFT - NEW SERIES ON DISCOVERY CHANNEL! MUSIC BY STREET RADIO! SUNDAYS AT 10PM!!
Follow Indianapolis's all-star team of homicide detectives as they work around the clock to close cases, put murderers away, and maintain high solve rates. The Shift/Disc"

Wow! exciting link but by the sound of them from their myspace they aren't "the ones"- maybe they produced/mixed a song by someone else? Unfortunately I'm afraid the mention of "the shift" on their myspace might just mean that their music is featured in the show- and isn't our song....:unsure:

well im researching it.. try looking on discovery channel on yahoo and even discovery channel site.. im looking at sponsors and sponsored videos.. and soundtracks at the moment so wish me luck XD

Back