Inception

smek2

Reaction score
http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/inception/

Not only does this looks like a very interesting science fiction movie (hard to find these days, Gamer, Surrogates, those trailers did nothing to me) but the trailer music is very good as well.
Doesn't seem to be your run-of-the-mill trailer stock music. Any ideas?

Other forums have noted that Hans Zimmer is scoring the movie. Consequently, it was suggested that the trailer music has strong similarities to "Always A Catch" in the Dark Knight soundtrack.

There were also suggestions that music also seemed very similar to the first Transformers 2 superbowl spot:

Last edited:
Sounds like Always A Catch. But not quite. Probably a remix of some sort.
(I think they did the same with Avatar. Helicopter Mayhem, only slightly re-edited.)
So the chances of getting this track are slim, i guess. Oh well, there's still the option to download the trailer video and convert to MP3.

Yeah the new trailer looks pretty good, and the music from it is spectacular.

The music in the Inception trailer is a custom score by Sencit Music (composed by a Mike Zarin).

I apologize for my blatant vulgarity, but the music in this one is the closest thing to audio-cumming i've heard in a very long while hehe!

You're all wrong. Zack Hemsey did a custom track and it's called "Mind Heist". Boom.

Re: Inception Trailer 3 Music based on Inception Trailer ambient track

Don't stop there, Gigan and Company!

It's BOTH Zarin AND Hemsey that we hear in the 3rd trailer.

Mind Heist by Zack Hemsey incorporates Mike Zarin's (from Sencit Music as mentioned above) atmospheric track for the Inception teaser that uses the low horn-sounding bass note booms and a crescendo-ing whoosh w/ industrial stomp beat.

You can hear the original Zarin composition at http://www.sencit.net/

Hemsey added the strings, and the staccato melodies, complex layers, etc. for the 3rd trailer.

Zack Hemsey is at http://www.youtube.com/user/ZackHemsey

Hope this clears it up even more!

Double Boom!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of the most incredible tracks I've ever heard. Where in gods name can I find it?!?!

We know that Zack Hemsey's music was used for the 3rd trailer.
The teaser trailer/1st trailer was something by Sencit.

Are you saying the 2nd trailer, which is in the youtube video above and the featurette.....is a custom song by Pusher???????????

..........or is it by someone else????

If it is by Pusher, is there a name attached to the song piece....the way Zack Hemsey's song is called Mind Heist???

And if it is by Pusher is it available for download or somewhere to listen to the entire song????

Apparently, the song in the 2nd trailer is called "528491 Remix" by Hans Zimmer.

I have the Inception soundtrack, and 528491 isn't anything close to the song used in the 2nd trailer or the featurette.....so if HPFAN is correct......

[Apparently, the song in the 2nd trailer is called "528491 Remix" by Hans Zimmer.

that it is some 528491 REMIX....that's gotta be a crazy remix to match that second trailer, because 528491, the regular version doesn't even sound like it.

Any idea if it will be released? I tried searching but came up with nothing at the moment. On Zimmer's site, people having been asking for the release of it.

Okay, guys.

Here's what you're looking for.

Teaser Trailer:

Mike Zarin. You can find it on Youtube.

Final Trailer:

Zach Hemsey. Also on Youtube.

Good luck! And get Zimmer's score. It's fantastic.

It can't be found, because Hans Zimmer created the "remix" specifically from the trailer, using the same string pattern from 528491.

Back