Firefox

Hello, all. I got a new 19" wide screen monitor, and I feel like a complete dumbass 'cause I can't figure out how to fix my resolution on Firefox. I know there's a way to scrunch things in so my pictures don't look like they've been stretched. Anyone know how? It's driving me nuts!

Thanks! :wave:

Did you try using the adjust buttons on the monitor? :unsure:

Yeah, I've already adjusted those, so everything else on my computer is fine. This is specific to Firefox. I want to take the resolution in a little. I've seen it done before. I just don't know how to do it.

You want to change the resolution in firefox?

Hold ctrl and use the mouse wheel. Only works for text

Originally posted by Scythe@Mar 15 2007, 02:41 PM
You want to change the resolution in firefox?

Hold ctrl and use the mouse wheel. Only works for text
Well, that's pretty cool. But I still need to make everything else smaller. Like, whatever this other person did, they brought everything in closer, so that there was more white space on the left and right. Does that make sense?

Nevermind. Fixed it. Sucks though because in order to make everything else more compact, my font had to get a little smaller. Oh well. Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by thesassycynic@Mar 15 2007, 09:01 PM
Nevermind. Fixed it. Sucks though because in order to make everything else more compact, my font had to get a little smaller. Oh well. Thanks for your help!
then do what I said to make the font bigger again :unsure:

Yes, well, when I fixed Firefox, it made the font smaller on it AND on everything else. So, yes, I'm aware that I can use what you already told me on Firefox. Not a complete idiot, thanks.

Is there a way to save and backup all of your bookmarks/toolbar bookmarks?

Comps been acting funny lately. <_<

i used to do that - if i remember correctly backing up documents and settings / your user name / mozilla does the trick

Closest thing I got is Program Files/Mozilla. :unsure:

Originally posted by leone@Oct 8 2007, 08:01 PM
Closest thing I got is Program Files/Mozilla. :unsure:
Is there a folder name 'profiles' or anything of the sort?

Gah if i still had windows i would check

Em.... try
Documents and settings / (your user name) / Application Data / Mozilla (could also be Firefox or Mozilla / Firefox) / Profiles

your bookmarks should be in that folder. Again, if i remember correctly they are all stored in one single text file (or html file or something)

Alternatively, you could install foxmarks, sync them to a server then sync them back on your new firefox

Dude, I don't have anything that resembles that. :blink:

What are you using now, Mac or Linux?

I doubt that. I'm the one who couldn't find the Application Data for about an hour.

Back