American Express smiling faces "Don't Take Chances. Take Charge."

Scorps65

Reaction score
I saw an ad the other day (September 10) by American Express with pictures of house appliances that look like faces. The song playing is a VERY POPULAR SYMPHONY and i can't seem to find the name of it or the ad itself, anywhere. The music is composed of violins in various pitches.

You'll recognize it once you hear it, trust me. If anyone knows the name please let me know.

Re: American Express - Don't Take Chances, Take Charge

Suite for Cello No.1 in G Major by Johann Sebastian Bach? Not sure which part though.

If anyone is able to find a link to the commercial itself, I'd love it if you could post it!

Re: American Express - Don't Take Chances, Take Charge

Suite for Cello No.1 in G Major by Johann Sebastian Bach? Not sure which part though.

If anyone is able to find a link to the commercial itself, I'd love it if you could post it!

Here's the song?

Re: American Express "Don't Take Chances. Take Charge."

Amazing guys, thank you so much.

Re: American Express "Don't Take Chances. Take Charge."

Bach Cello Suite No 1 in G major, prelude recorded by Robert P Burkhart...if you want to hear more music check out his website www.robertpburkhart.com
There is a CD of his recording available at Centaurrecords.com!
:)
He is a great cellist and one of my good friends!

Re: American Express smiling faces "Don't Take Chances. Take Charge."

Robert P Burkhart did not record this piece. Music is “Prelude” from the J.S. Bach’s Cello Suite No 1 in G major BWV1007, performed by Robert P Burkhart, recorded by Michael Golub at the Manhattan Center. Music adaptation and sound design were produced at Human Worldwide.

The Faces campaign may have been inspired by Faces in Places, the photography blog featuring faces found in everyday places.

Last edited:
I am sure the information about Robert P Burkhart above is correct, however I do happen to have another performance of this piece by Yo-Yo Ma (from The Essential Yo-Yo Ma) which I also enjoy.

Back